Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Lease Buy Out and Warranty Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,
I have a 2017 Tesla Model X currently leased ending Jan of next year. The car has 50,200 miles. I am looking to buy the car out but wanted to purchase the extended warranty tesla has listed on their website. When I inquired about this I was directed to the nearest service center to purchase it but they are telling me I cannot get the warranty as my car is 4 years old and has above 50k on it already. I've seen multiple teslas >4 years old and with >50k miles with warranty. Can someone help me understand if my car is a special case or if the service center is full of it. thanks

Hey All,
I have a 2017 Tesla Model X currently leased ending Jan of next year. The car has 50,200 miles. I am looking to buy the car out but wanted to purchase the extended warranty tesla has listed on their website. When I inquired about this I was directed to the nearest service center to purchase it but they are telling me I cannot get the warranty as my car is 4 years old and has above 50k on it already. I've seen multiple teslas >4 years old and with >50k miles with warranty. Can someone help me understand if my car is a special case or if the service center is full of it. thanks

You've got 1k miles buffer or 30 days beyond the 4 years to buy the extended warranty. Go to a different service center or ask to speak to a manager if you're within the time frame.

Reactions: MP3Mike
You've got 1k miles buffer or 30 days beyond the 4 years to buy the extended warranty. Go to a different service center or ask to speak to a manager if you're within the time frame.
So I had no idea what the limit was so I actually contacted multiple people at Tesla when my lease was coming to an end and nobody gave me a clear answer. They sent me to the vehicle warranty link and I remained confused and so I emailed them back and now they are saying I am disqualified because I am a 2 months past the deadline. They are not honoring it even though I had began inquiring about it at the correct time and did not get a proper answer due to their shortcomings. Tesla is seriously the worst customer service company ever. Any thoughts on who this can be escalated to for further assistance?

So I had no idea what the limit was so I actually contacted multiple people at Tesla when my lease was coming to an end and nobody gave me a clear answer. They sent me to the vehicle warranty link and I remained confused and so I emailed them back and now they are saying I am disqualified because I am a 2 months past the deadline. They are not honoring it even though I had began inquiring about it at the correct time and did not get a proper answer due to their shortcomings. Tesla is seriously the worst customer service company ever. Any thoughts on who this can be escalated to for further assistance?

They are impossible sometimes. I'd consider X Care. Tesla extended has a lot of negatives like deductible etc.