Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Left FWD Not Opening.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I could not get my left FWD to open It reported obstruction. I Re Calibrated several times. Finally
IMG_1958.jpg
looked on the FWD roof and there was this big pile of bird S%^&*

My left FWD will not open in the shade. If I move the car to a sunny spot, the door opens great - then I slowly drive into the shaded area. I see a sensor on the top center of the roof - are there additional sensors? I just had the car washed, so this is not the issue - no bird poop at this moment in time...

Brent

My left FWD will not open in the shade. If I move the car to a sunny spot, the door opens great - then I slowly drive into the shaded area. I see a sensor on the top center of the roof - are there additional sensors? I just had the car washed, so this is not the issue - no bird poop at this moment in time...

Brent

What does the door display in the center console show. Any obstructions?

From what I remember reading there are sensors in the doors panels themselves in addition to the ones on the top. Some people did mention issues these sensors had issues with dark colors and temp differences. Does the problem go away after the car sits in the shade for a while?

It displays that an obstacle is detected. However, there are no obstacles. It always opens in the sunny open air (118 degrees currently). Any shade at all and the door will not open at all. The right side door opens just fine. I think I need Tesla to look at the sensor in the door. Thanks for your help.

Brent