Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model-X life-hacks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I did it in mine.

I used 7 white lights - 2 in the frunk, 2 puddle lights, 2 foot wells lights, 1 for trunk sidewall

I was unable to remove the existing light from the trunk hatch.

Since I don't have PUP, there weren't any lights installed under the front seats, and I couldn't figure out where the lights would go, or even how to search for the wiring without damaging the mesh under the seats.

Hi, do you have any pics of before and after you can share?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 532
Wait are people getting sunscreens delivered? I ordered the fw & rear sunscreens weeks ago, and the order is still in progress. Also Tesla still tells me they are out of the front one.
The X is supposed to come with a sunscreen that covers the panoramic windshield (above driver/passenger). Early deliveries didn't have them in stock, so Tesla is shipping them to those that didn't receive them.

The FWD and Hatch sunscreens are extra. I ordered both a few months ago, and I received them last month.

One of my hacks was to cut a piece of silicon baking liner to fit the sunglass compartment under the 17" display. (You know; the spot that is a bit smaller than single din, where one can put sunglasses, smart tag/ez pass, etc.)

This liner holds the contents in place (with friction), and nothing comes flying out, even with sudden acceleration. I used a light color, so that it's also easy to see what's in there.

Another hack is for those with black headliner. For the most discreet smart tag/easy pass installation, paint all sides except the one that will face up with matte black spray paint. Then, affix the smart tag in the corner of the roof between the padded area and the center channel (on the glass, of course). This makes it hard to see, out of the way, and mine reads consistently. Behind the mirror is another place it could go, but my dashcam is there, so I'm out of space there.

If anyone has dashcams that can send notifications but no internet access in the car for the dashcam to use, I have a hack for that, too.

Oh, and the LED upgrade from abstract ocean? Love it! And those are drop in replacement, by the way, not just bulbs. I'm mentioning that for whomever wanted to just buy better LEDs. Yes, your cost would be lower, but it'd also be a lot more work.

One of my hacks was to cut a piece of silicon baking liner to fit the sunglass compartment under the 17" display. (You know; the spot that is a bit smaller than single din, where one can put sunglasses, smart tag/ez pass, etc.)

This liner holds the contents in place (with friction), and nothing comes flying out, even with sudden acceleration. I used a light color, so that it's also easy to see what's in there.
Great idea! Last weekend, I had 3 pairs of sunglasses come flying out during an "insane mode" launch.

I didn't use Silpats (have them; couldn't bring myself to cut them); I used some generic Amazon silicon baking mat liners, and I cut using a high-end paper cutter that I happen to have on hand. But I think any type of paper cutter, or scissors with a steady hand, would be just fine. No fibers, no jagged edges, etc.

I've used these, cut, to make lap trays non slip in the past: Amazon.com: Bake Mates Silicone Baking Mat, Set of 3: Kitchen & Dining but the color is a little much for a Tesla.

I use the little tray below the 17" display for my FastTrak (place it on the dash when going through tolls). For the sunglasses I find that little gap that has no known purpose is perfect. I stick my open glass frame in upside down with the lenses facing out. It holds the glasses snugly until I need them. I also keep a glass cloth in the little tray by the USB's to wipe the muck off the glasses when I grab them with greasy hands too.:)

Reactions: scottf200
Question,

Is there a setting for the center console to display rear view camera and autopark/proximity screen always when shifted in reverse? It happened spontaneously a few times for me and I really like the feature, but I cannot seem to jog back to how I activated the feature.

I found this Partition on Amazon, but it was too tall to fit in the Model-X. I had to significantly chop down the tubes and then re-drill stopper holes in them, but now I have a barrier/partition so that my cargo doesn't go flying in the 2nd-row gap. BTW, it's also installed up-side-down.
gB8xlrj.jpg)
gB8xlrj.jpg
^^ This guy knows how to own a car.

Well done. Does it encroach upon the seat backs? Also, does it compress against the headliner to stay in place?

Reactions: MitchMitch
^^ This guy knows how to own a car.

Well done. Does it encroach upon the seat backs? Also, does it compress against the headliner to stay in place?
No, there is a good half-inch to inch of space between the seat backs and partition. You can obviously make that space as big as 9-10", but that takes away from usable cargo space.

Unfortunately, it does compress against the headliner to stay in place. You'll have a couple of round marks for a few days once you remove it.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman