Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah i wish they had X loaners. My model x is going on week SIX at the service center now. Including bodywork because of dents and such at delivery. So yeah i have a p85d so no complaints, but still sucks to be out of my new model x for over a month, if i wanted to model s i would have kept my old car.

yeah i wish they had X loaners. My model x is going on week SIX at the service center now. Including bodywork because of dents and such at delivery. So yeah i have a p85d so no complaints, but still sucks to be out of my new model x for over a month, if i wanted to model s i would have kept my old car.
Free miles for 6 weeks. Not end of the world.

My service center has S60's and S85's, usually non-D's. The last time it went in it was for some paint that was chipped during the previous work and they were having a body guy fix it. So since they were being so apologetic about the fact I had to come back, I asked if I could have a P85D as a loaner. I got the "We don't have any of those". I pointed out to the lot and said "yes you do there are a half a dozen out there". The response was "those are sales loaners, not service loaners". I gave them the look of "really? you are going with that" and they said "hold on" and brought around a P85D loaner. No ludicrous mode. But that's ok. :)

Yup, no joke. They typically try to give you a 3 series BMW or similar (at least here, anyway) but Enterprise was out of luxary models, so I was stuck with a Chevrolet Cruze... and it came with only a 1/4 tank of gas! At least Tesla reimbursed me the $5 worth of fuel I put in it.
I got a 5 series due to an unplanned service appointment and no loaners and was asked to keep the receipt to be reimbursed for gas. I didn't bother asking for the $5 back

I think deploying X's as loaners will compel a significant number of S owners to upgrade to an X. I hope this is part of Tesla's plan. I'd love to have an X loaner.
Yup. I'm taking my S in next week and specifically asked if they have an X loaner, which they don't. I've been seriously contemplating getting an X when the AP hardware suite is updated but I'd like to have an extended test drive to see if things like windshield ghosting and door operations would be a problem for me. A loaner X would answer a lot of my questions and doubts.

Yup. I'm taking my S in next week and specifically asked if they have an X loaner, which they don't. I've been seriously contemplating getting an X when the AP hardware suite is updated but I'd like to have an extended test drive to see if things like windshield ghosting and door operations would be a problem for me. A loaner X would answer a lot of my questions and doubts.

Just in case you weren't aware, the Sales team does offer extended test drives. While you might have trouble getting an X loaner from Service, have you asked Sales about getting an extended test drive?

• Informative
Reactions: Caligula