Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol on me....just printed out the entire 177 pages (tabloid though, 2 to page, double sided but still.....) today.

Btw: Tesla proofreaders missed the substituting X for S in Doors Section, page 6. They cite: "

Opening Doors from the Interior

To open a front door, pull the interior door handle toward you.
Note: If Model S is locked, the first pull unlocks the associated door, and the second pull opens it.

Interesting. Sad to see "Cargo Mode" go. I liked the idea of a single press to move the middle row as far forward as possible.
My early teenage VIN had a spring down third row. The second press of the seat button caused the seat back to fly down. When "Cargo Mode" was announced, I assumed it was to move the second row forward and fold the rear seats. While that would have been convenient, IMHO the second row maybe could have gotten scratched by the quick drop of the seats and headrest. Tesla Motors locked out my rear seats from folding at delivery during the wait for rear seat replacement. I was told by the SC, the new software update would no longer support that version of rear seats.

Last edited:
Anyone ever try this? (Page 41)
  1. Note: You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" followed by your brief comments. Model X takes a snapshot of its systems, including screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model X.

I've always just tapped the magnet and the door released - the button on the charge cable never works for me... My method isn't even listed in the manual.

pg 41 Opening the Charge Port:
With Model X unlocked, or a recognized key nearby, press and release the button on a Tesla charge cable to open the charge port door. If the cable you are using does not have this button, you can also open the charge port door using any of these methods:
• Touch Controls > Doors > Charge Port on the touchscreen.
• Hold down the rear trunk button on the key for 1-2 seconds.
edit: For that matter a single click and hold never seems to unlatch the charge cable. I always have to release the button and click/hold a 2nd time to get it to come out. It's not very responsive...

I've always just tapped the magnet and the door released - the button on the charge cable never works for me... My method isn't even listed in the manual.
I don't believe they support the handle button <--> charge port open yet (but plan to) on Model X. The downside to the button press, for me, is that when I depress the button to remove the cable from my Model X, the charge port on my Model S opens.

I have similar issues with the charge cable on the Model X, but I think they're all related to oddness I'm seeing with lock/unlock on the vehicle. That is, it's often still locked when I'm trying to connect/disconnect from the charge port.