Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Max Payload

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Would folks be willing to share either pictures of or the info on the white and yellow stickers on the inside of their driver side doors of their Model Xs?

GVWR: e.g. 6462 lb
Front GVAR: e.g. 2976 lb
Rear GVAR: e.g. 3808 lb
Max Payload: e.g. 1010 lbs
Build Date: e.g. 1/23
Version: e.g. Plaid
Delivery Tires: e.g. 265/45R20 & 275/45R20
Seat Configuration: e.g. 6 Seat (2 Front, 2 Middle, 2 Rear)

My partner and I are considering picking up a Model X (leaning towards 2022 or 2023, but open to older vehicles as well) to tow a Taxa Mantis (we currently tow a Taxa Cricket with a 2021 Model Y). In our towing journey so far, we've been learning a lot and one of our current concerns is the max payload of the vehicle. This number seems to vary a lot based on the specific Tesla, and I'm hoping to collect some data on the GVWR, GVARs, and max payload of various Model Xs to better inform our purchasing decision. This is important to us, because we're traveling with a family of 4 (2 big kids) and our Aussie. If you have a max payload of only 1050 with 750 lbs of body/animal weight, you only have 300 lbs remaining for the tongue weight of your travel trailer and no capacity for cargo inside the vehicle itself.

Thanks in advance to those that are willing to share their Model X info and any thoughts / useful information on max payload!

Here you go....

This is a Model X Long Range, 6 seat configuration with 22" wheels. My personal opinion is that this is not really the right vehicle for towing a trailer. You don't have enough payload and your range is going to be awful. But obviously if the numbers work for you, have fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpeg
    IMG_1010.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1008.jpeg
    IMG_1008.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NoMoreCookies
I've managed to collect quite a bit of information on the max payload and GVWR for the 2020 - 2023 MXs, but I'm still missing some numbers. If you have a MX and are willing to share your labels similar to how texasdoc did above, it would be super helpful! Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-04-08 4.17.25 PM.png

Last edited: