TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X May Deliveries

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ohmman, Apr 21, 2016.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Well, April's drawing to a close, and I saw the request for a May deliveries thread.. since I started the April one, happy to start this one as well.

Let us know when you've got your May delivery scheduled!

• Like x 2
  2. Dimitar Atanasov

My DS is not very helpful and informative, I called tesla and they told me my vin 55xx will be going in production soon and can expect delivery late May. Fingers crossed!

3. MrE8

MrE8 Member

looks like May to me, but still hopeful for April:

"Production has wrapped up and your Model X has just moved into the factory inspection phase of the build process. This is a very robust series of tests. We are hyper focused on quality and have incorporated additional layers to the inspection with new owner feedback. While we do not have an average time for how long the inspection takes, I do anticipate that we are a couple of weeks away from delivery. As soon as the inspections complete, we will be able to schedule your appointment with us here at the factory!"

4. loganintx

loganintx Member

I'm VIN# 0054xx and just re-asked the DS if the seat recall affected my delivery timeline. I was originally told it would be in production the last week of April. Here is the response I got just now:
    "Your current planned end of line is in mid-May. That puts us at delivery in early to mid-June."
    I don't know the difference between "In Production" and "Planned End Of Line". But this would mean about 9 to 11 weeks from Order Confirmation to Delivery. (March 28th to Mid June)

5. digicool

digicool Member

My DS said last week that my 50XX was in final stages of production and will likely be delivered the last week of April. Today I called for an update and heard that the car is still in final stages of production. At this point I don't think delivery next week is likely. So looks like first half of May at this time for me.

• Like x 1
  6. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

My Tesla page says "Late April to May" Delivery (as it has for quite a while), but found out today that currently means first week of June. See ya'll in the June thread.

• Like x 1
  7. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

I have a theory. I wonder if they are pushing back deliveries to people who don't live near a Service Center, until the cars are being produced more perfectly from the factory? It is easier to fix things and make customers happy when they live 10 minutes from a SC. My DS is on vacation until middle of next week. My car is supposed to be delivered the first week of May. I live a few miles from a SC. We'll see if mine gets pushed back a month too or not....

8. loganintx

loganintx Member

I live within 15 minutes of the SC in Austin and mine was pushed back about 3 weeks.

• Informative x 1
  9. n88

n88 Member

I am officially bailing out of the April thread after receiving an email from the DS indicating that my So FL 90D VIN 58xx confirmed 12/14/15 is "still under production" whatever that really means. Let's hope we all get our X's before the June thread opens up!

10. jdb

jdb Member

90D VIN 30XX now in Dania Beach Fl Service Center, saw earlier this week, plan to take delivery first week of May after they finish the final quality control etc at service center.

11. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

There are rumors that Tesla is also starting European production and that may be part of the recent delays. Some EU folks have been reporting receiving VIN's at least.

I'm hoping for a May delivery but my DES has told me my X is scheduled for "late May" production so it'll likely be mid-June at the earliest. With an early July Bday I guess worst case is a pretty cool Bday present! ;)

12. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I have been told mid-May and first 10 days of May from mid-April. Disappointed...

13. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

@K-MTG

Did that estimate include the sunshade and the car or just the car Maybe you will get lucky and get the sunshade in the mail before the car.

Seriously - sorry about the delay. I am in the same boat but am in denial so I am not reaching out to my DS and avoiding the bad news and still hoping for a miracle delivery.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

58xx vin and was told by DS to expect mid to late May so hopefully this will be my thread.

15. chloedog

chloedog Member

30xx vin - 90d, 6 seater with premium package. ds tells me hoping to enter production in early may and take delivery in late may.

16. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

That is a long gap between production and delivery

17. WilliamZ

WilliamZ Member

Due to the on going Built/QC issues, I'm not even sure if I should wish for a May delivery.

• Like x 1
  18. XFANG

XFANG Member

90d non pup

28** scheduled on 3/30 then early April and then no news.

hopefully this is my thread

19. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

What's your DS saying?

20. XFANG

XFANG Member

"i will let you know once your car make progress"

nothing useful, im worried because the lending quote from tesla is about to expire