Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called my DS today and for the third straight week the response I got was that my car was in final inspection stage and is not shipped yet. They don't know how long will it be in this stage but they do know that the added QC checks are causing the delay.
To that I say, fantastic project management for Model X at Tesla!

Granted that it is still not early May, I cant get frustrated yet ;)

Nice...going straight to the top!
I called the "build my X" number (assuming that was headquarters) to get any insight on the progress of my build since my DS hasn't been very thorough. However, they assured me they had no info and my DS had access to all information regarding my build.
I told them his responses seemed canned and the same week after week but they could offer me no additional info.
What number did you call to get your additional info?

We're also in the category of having an X that finished production 2 weeks ago and we seem to be stuck in the QC phase. I have an e-mail from our DS saying the earliest delivery would be 4/22. Ha! Hopefully they clear the logjam at the factory soon! Seattle delivery, and I work 4 blocks from the SODO Service Center, have not seen any truckloads of X's arriving this week.

VIN 401X, MC Red, Tan, 6 seat, AP, SAS, SubZ, SS

Reactions: umeshunni
My X (BellatriX) is at the South Florida Dania SC, VIN 4697. I've been dealing with Markeem, Keem for short, and he has been nothing short of fantastic. He returns emails in less than an hour and is forthcoming on details.

Here is a portion of his email today:

"As far as your X goes, there was a parts hold on your second row seats and the headliner. We received the second row backs today and are getting it installed now. The headliner we are still waiting for. We expect it parts to arrive next week but do not have a final eta yet.

If you would like, we can proceed with a delivery and have this rectified at a later time that’s more convenient for you. The earliest delivery slot we have would be Thursday, possibly Wednesday afternoon. Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Second row seat backs, instead of third row seat backs. Interesting. Since I'll be in San Antonio next week, it looks like delivery will line up perfectly.

Our vins are about 100 apart and I'm in Atlanta. My DS, far less responsive and has ignored all of my emails until I stopped by at a SC recently to ask if he still worked at Tesla as I was not getting any response let alone insight.
I was able to learn my 49xx vin is in the latter stages of production with a possible delivery date around mid May.
Congrats on your X!!! Please post pics!

My X (BellatriX) is at the South Florida Dania SC, VIN 4697. I've been dealing with Markeem, Keem for short, and he has been nothing short of fantastic. He returns emails in less than an hour and is forthcoming on details.

"As far as your X goes, there was a parts hold on your second row seats and the headliner. We received the second row backs today and are getting it installed now. The headliner we are still waiting for. We expect it parts to arrive next week but do not have a final eta yet.

If you would like, we can proceed with a delivery and have this rectified at a later time that’s more convenient for you. The earliest delivery slot we have would be Thursday, possibly Wednesday afternoon. Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Second row seat backs, instead of third row seat backs. Interesting. Since I'll be in San Antonio next week, it looks like delivery will line up perfectly.

This is obviously incorrect as the second row seat is one piece. He is either confused, or, more likely, mispoke.

Keem is also the new DS we have. Our first DS was not as informative or helpful. I have to concur that Markeem is the example of what a DS should be communicative and his customer service is exemplary. I've been very pleased since he came on board as our new DS. I'm expecting to take delivery next week as well. In the end parts didn't have to be replaced on ours (ours was built after seatgate so no replacements needed), but there was a bit of a rough finish on the clear coat noticeable on the hood, which was being rectified this week and happy to say it was rectified on Thursday. Perhaps I will see you when I take delivery of my Dreamcatcher (yes, that's what I've been calling her). What's your color and config? @Slappy32

Last edited:
1.5 weeks later still in factory inspection. However this is the first I'm hearing about a predelivery inspection that happens after the factory inspection

Here's the email I got from my DS a few days ago:

It has been built and we are working through our very robust inspection stage, which includes a factory inspection followed by two pre-delivery inspections. If at any point, we find something that does not meet our standards, the repair is made and another inspection is performed. On a macro-level, this process has been delayed due to the recent proactive recall that was announced in April for the third row seat. All vehicles here at the factory are going through an additional inspection for this and the seat backs replaced as necessary. Needless to say, we are hyper focused on quality and reliability! The good news is, I have seen steady movement this week and have advised our team that we need to expedite your Model X. We want to get you behind the wheel as soon as possible! Please let me know if you have any questions; otherwise, I will be in touch with an update soon.

Reactions: ohmman