Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! What was your VIN?

Also, did you get a sunshade for the panoramic windshield? Is the tint effective?
Thanks! My vin is 22xx.

No go on the sunshade - see my number 8 on my previous post.

As for the tint, the day & 1/2 I had the car was overcast, so it was really hard to tell. I will get a better sense when my car is returned this weekend and I have to take a 2-hr drive out to UC Merced.

Picked up our X from the Fremont Factory on Saturday, May 7th at 9AM and wanted to share some of my observations (sorry for not posting sooner but it's been a crazy couple of days):

1. There were about 7 other Tesla's (practically all Xs except for 1 S) being delivered, so the showroom was maxed out.

2. Prior to the tour, we completed the paperwork portion, which was really fast and like 10 minutes. We signed a few forms and then made payment with a personal check. Providing payment was not the same as "Accepting Delivery", so we felt comfortable paying and knowing we would still have an opportunity to fully inspect it before final signoff.

3. Then we went on the Tour, which takes a full hour. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and it was amazing to see the insides of the factory, which spans over 80 football fields. The amount of activity was just insane and so many workers were present too. Quick sidebar story: My 12-year son made it a point to smile big and wave ridiculously to every Tesla employee whom he made eye contact with. I was very impressed that all of them took a few seconds to actually wave back to him!

4. After the tour, we took about another 30 minutes looking over the vehicle and we noted only 2 items for the due bill. I had brought a copy of the delivery checklist, but I had reviewed it beforehand, so I did not go through it line by line. Overall, the build looked great the Delivery employee that day (Alex) was very patient throughout our inspection. In fact, as we pointed out some areas with visible adhesives, he quickly pulled out a spray bottle and cloth to clean those areas off.

5. Once we felt comfortable, we did Accept Delivery and then we did a quick drive with Alex to go over the AP and Nav features.

6. While we only got the 90D, the acceleration was phenomenal and the handling was great. We were all thoroughly impressed and that was even before the AP. Once I engaged it on the freeway, it was nerve-racking, but within a minute, it was clear that the car was in total control. I just kept thinking, this AP feature is freaking amazing!

7. After the test drive, we dropped off Alex back at the Factory where he quickly showed us how to use a Supercharger, then we were on our way home.

8. As far as other items to note for the due bill: The Sunshade still has not been finalized. Apparently, only a prototype was issued previously, but all owners will be notified when those become available.

9. For the Pre-Paid Service plans, the pricing has not been finalized either. Until owners are notified, Alex stated that Tesla is waiving the 60 day requirement. Can’t select what’s not there right?

10. We selected the Light Headliner with our Config because we didn’t want everything to be too dark (Black exterior, black leather seats, etc). This is one thing I would quickly change because as soon as I touched the sunscreen visor, I left fingermarks on the light colored textile material.

11. We are now experiencing X withdrawal as we’ve already dropped off our car with Master Detailer Joe Torbati for an Xpel application and CQuartz treatment. He will also do what he can to help protect the interior from more dirty fingerprints too.

Here are some quick pics of our XMOBILE and feel free to shoot me a question as the delivery experience is still fresh in my mind.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to all the great info other members have shared. This overall experience has required extreme patience, but it’s gone a lot better with folks sharing their thoughts and observations too. Here’s hoping others waiting for their Xs won’t have to wait much longer.

View attachment 175877 View attachment 175878 View attachment 175879

When you get it back from the detailer would you mind taking a picture of your second row non pup black leather seats. It would help me decide if I am going to switch to leather from textile or not. Thanks

I am disappointed with my X status, I was told mid-May until Friday of last week and was given the "okay" to have my bank send a check to Tesla for financing. I was told to expect delivery this week and that my X entered production first week of May. Now I am told late-May, this is the 3rd delay! It went from mid-April to end of April to early-May to mid-May to late-May. I called six times for a status update today, on the 7th call (from a different number) my call was immediately answered and I was told to expect "late-May".

At this point I am extremely disappointed, I paid extra to end my lease for my MDX early (last month) and now I am stuck without an SUV and it has become a hassle to coordinate our schedule with a missing vehicle.

I am sorry for those of you in the same situation (or worse) as me. I am not just disappointed because of the delay, I am disappointed at the false promises that Tesla is keep on making.

Is this the Tesla service? I never had such a poor purchasing experience with anything.

At this point I am extremely disappointed, I paid extra to end my lease for my MDX early (last month) and now I am stuck without an SUV and it has become a hassle to coordinate our schedule with a missing vehicle.
Tesla definitely shot themselves in the foot with the upgrade offer. I do think they intended fully to deliver the upgraded vehicles earlier. Then the quarter end vehicles, like mine, came out with many issues to be handled by the SCs. Continuing to build at that quality is an unfair burden on both the Service Centers and the customers who have to wait for their cars. I'll be without mine for over two weeks once I get it back.

Things happen. However, a more mature company might communicate this with their customers in a clear and apologetic fashion. I'm guessing if you got a phone call explaining the delay, followed by regular updates on progress, that you'd be much less upset. That's how Tesla should be handling this. They have staff to call and upsell customers, so there is no excuse not to utilize the same staff to call and apologize/explain the missed promises.

Tesla definitely shot themselves in the foot with the upgrade offer. I do think they intended fully to deliver the upgraded vehicles earlier. Then the quarter end vehicles, like mine, came out with many issues to be handled by the SCs. Continuing to build at that quality is an unfair burden on both the Service Centers and the customers who have to wait for their cars. I'll be without mine for over two weeks once I get it back.

Things happen. However, a more mature company might communicate this with their customers in a clear and apologetic fashion. I'm guessing if you got a phone call explaining the delay, followed by regular updates on progress, that you'd be much less upset. That's how Tesla should be handling this. They have staff to call and upsell customers, so there is no excuse not to utilize the same staff to call and apologize/explain the missed promises.

Exactly, they don't call me when my X gets delayed instead I have to make futile attempts calling or emailing hoping that I would get a status update. Like I mention earlier, they assured me delivery for this week so I got everything ready and I decided to check again but instead they tell me it is delayed further.

Do they assume that it would be better for buyers to forget their ETA and wait without a question? I can do that with a $10 Amazon order but I can't do that with $100k+ car especially since I never sat inside a Tesla (ever) before.

Amazon gives me a free month of Prime if my order doesn't arrive one day later than the estimated timeframe.

Yup, Amazon has amazing CS. Tesla refused to give me anything when I asked for a compensation. I would be happy if they through in the all weather floor matts into the due bill or the chademo adapter or even provide me the 72 amp upgrade since it is just software.

Reactions: WABarb
Definitely be good to double check with the SC, however FWIW, I know both Audi and BMW will pull very slightly to the right by design. My understanding is that it's a safety thing (so presumably in left hand drive countries they pull the other way) so that if you're inattentive or doze off the car will be less likely to drift into oncoming traffic.
Nice! Congrats, finally!!!
Oh man, Fingers crossed! Thanks! Any news on yours?

I am disappointed with my X status, I was told mid-May until Friday of last week and was given the "okay" to have my bank send a check to Tesla for financing. I was told to expect delivery this week and that my X entered production first week of May. Now I am told late-May, this is the 3rd delay! It went from mid-April to end of April to early-May to mid-May to late-May. I called six times for a status update today, on the 7th call (from a different number) my call was immediately answered and I was told to expect "late-May".

I am sorry for those of you in the same situation (or worse) as me. I am not just disappointed because of the delay, I am disappointed at the false promises that Tesla is keep on making.

Is this the Tesla service? I never had such a poor purchasing experience with anything.

Is the delay from production timing or from post production/delivery?
FWIW our VINs issued same day and my info is still showing X to be "manufactured" (their word) mid May which should be 10th to the 20th.

Those sunshades are really complex to make, I'm sure it's holding up the whole vehicle. I heard Elon interviewed that they were the most complex sunshades ever built and probably never should have been built. But Tesla will probably compensate you for the delays. They'll probably give you 4 years free LTE.