Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@K-MTG: I thought it was funny for a while to ask about the Sunshade on every single delivery comment but we now know that it is not being delivered and on everyone's Due Bill. I am looking forward to having a sunshade option as well (living in AZ) but I will ask my DS for it (and will keep asking). Once I get it, I will post a message to the effect here (and even some pictures). I am sure other people will as well.

Until people are actually getting them sent to them, can we please stop asking?
Thank you.

Today is FINALLY here! I feel like I'm overly excited!

This Model X is gonna by my first car over 22k (only had 1 car before this, mini cooper for 10+ years lol)

Never test drove a Tesla, my decisions have been based off these forums, Youtube and Reddit. I'm pretty confident all these people can't be wrong about how great of a car it is. Call me a fool, I definitely would, but I got sucked in by the hype.

Wish me luck for a flawless delivery! @4PM Fremont factory delivery.

Today is FINALLY here! I feel like I'm overly excited!

This Model X is gonna by my first car over 22k (only had 1 car before this, mini cooper for 10+ years lol)

Never test drove a Tesla, my decisions have been based off these forums, Youtube and Reddit. I'm pretty confident all these people can't be wrong about how great of a car it is. Call me a fool, I definitely would, but I got sucked in by the hype.

Wish me luck for a flawless delivery! @4PM Fremont factory delivery.

Quite the leap of faith. Luckily you are not the only one. You won't be disappointed. Congrats.

Is the delay from production timing or from post production/delivery?
FWIW our VINs issued same day and my info is still showing X to be "manufactured" (their word) mid May which should be 10th to the 20th.

I will ask, they didn't specify.

@K-MTG: I thought it was funny for a while to ask about the Sunshade on every single delivery comment but we now know that it is not being delivered and on everyone's Due Bill. I am looking forward to having a sunshade option as well (living in AZ) but I will ask my DS for it (and will keep asking). Once I get it, I will post a message to the effect here (and even some pictures). I am sure other people will as well.

Until people are actually getting them sent to them, can we please stop asking?
Thank you.

Since most people are answering this question on their own, I suppose I can limit my sunshade comments temporarily (it will be a struggle) :)

Reactions: beths11
After reading some people paying the full amount and still waiting for their car, I made it a point and even confirmed it with my lender that they would in-fact send the cashiers check directly to me so I can hand that off to Tesla "when" I am satisfied with taking delivery of the car.

My last Fridays update (my routine Friday calls to Tesla for status check) was to expect delivery around 3rd week of May. I am hoping this happens because I am planning to do a roadtrip for the Memorial day weekend.

I am disappointed with my X status, I was told mid-May until Friday of last week and was given the "okay" to have my bank send a check to Tesla for financing. I was told to expect delivery this week and that my X entered production first week of May. Now I am told late-May, this is the 3rd delay! It went from mid-April to end of April to early-May to mid-May to late-May. I called six times for a status update today, on the 7th call (from a different number) my call was immediately answered and I was told to expect "late-May".

At this point I am extremely disappointed, I paid extra to end my lease for my MDX early (last month) and now I am stuck without an SUV and it has become a hassle to coordinate our schedule with a missing vehicle.

I am sorry for those of you in the same situation (or worse) as me. I am not just disappointed because of the delay, I am disappointed at the false promises that Tesla is keep on making.

Is this the Tesla service? I never had such a poor purchasing experience with anything.

I'm right there with you on these feelings. I'm not sure if it is better or worse, but my DS won't ever even indicate when the car will be done other than vague terms like "soon" or "imminently" any more after missing several dates. First it was late February, then March, then April, now no dates at all.

IMG_3056.JPG Picked up today.....

Fit and Finish: flawless except.....
Road Noise: Passenger side generating significant air sound/road noise. Couldn't hear a phone conversation properly traveling at 78mph...have an appt. with SC to "fix"
Road Visibility: With 6 seater and third row down, view is very good., even with small rear view mirror. FWIW: anyone with a 6 seater should not have issues with visibility
AP: Amazing...mostly straight route but it handled curves very easily. Change of lanes are definitely "softer" when using comfort mode. Note to self: comfort on highway, sport around town (although didn't really notice much difference between standard & sport)
Windshield: My niece felt she was riding in a train....Amazing view & offers sun protection but I have concluded that under intense South Florida & North Carolina summer sun (90+ degree day traveling on I-75, Alligator Alley), I will need to add film.
AC: Have white seats, cabin cooled off easily and stayed cool even in range mode. Advisor left rear AC on higher level 8 <real noisy>, and after about 20 minutes I finally figured it out. Shut it off and much quieter.
Sound: Have Premium sound. Slacker: Played a Sinatra/Basie song....sound quality was simply outstanding. FLAC: heard some static on some sets...not sure if my USB device or vehicle....further investigation required.
Front & Falcon Wing Doors: close easily....knock on wood, no issues except for probably seal issue
Third Row Seats: very easy to operate.

Based on forum recent reviews, yesterday, I decided to change from lease to purchase. Dania Beach Delivery team wonderful and seamlessly/quickly changed docs.

So.....if I can just get the noise/whistling fixed all is good......wrap and nano treatment this week.

AND.....to confirm, negative on sun shade....wasn't even put on my bill by advisor because it's assumed that everyone is missing one and will get one.

Last edited:
Got the call today! Car is scheduled to arrive at the SC on Friday and my pickup is scheduled for Tuesday 5/17. I asked about SC QC - but they said with improved build quality there is very little for them to do. I do plan to look at alignment very closely.

Oooh, jealous...

By chance, did you receive any communication when they first loaded your car up for transportation away from the West Coast? If so, what was that date, and did they specify truck or rail?

I entered production April 5th but was in some extended delay (Musk and his sleeping bag were surely involved :confused::p) and was told my car is on a train, loaded up ~May 5th with a May 30 ETA. I'm wondering if that's just very conservative with a buffer for issues at SC QA, or if that's the actual rail travel time.