Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I hope you get yours soon! Even with all the little issues (and the halo/glare), the car is amazing. The interior feels much more refined that my first gen X. I honestly believe you will love it.

Although, I've read all your previous post about the communication issues you have experienced, and they are completely unacceptable. Jared, my DS in Dallas, emailed me for the first time the day I confirmed my order (which was January). Way before I expected. My gmail thread with him is currently at over 60 emails back and forth over the last five months. So, it's not a Tesla problem. Just a DS problem.

What's your VIN? I live in the Denver area and my X, VIN 32xx, which was to be delivered mid-April has seemingly disappeared into a "black hole" (even though I ordered a blue one).

My VIN is 42XX. I was told a week or so ago that it was in production and that they expected it in Denver in 1-2 weeks. But then yesterday my new DS (former DS quit) called saying that it was in Denver and that it's almost ready for delivery. I'm scheduled to pick up on Monday. I could have gotten it this Friday or Saturday, but I have a big project to finish up this week/weekend and know that I won't be able to get any work done after picking up the Model X.

I don't know how people are taking delivery 2 days after the SC received the car. Ours arrived at the SC 9 days ago, and they are hoping for delivery in the middle of next week. They are working on a few things, and waiting for some parts. Maybe my SC is being extra thorough....

Here's one! (May delivery today) It's amazing. I'll load up a thread w photos & reports & stuff soon. First night in its new home
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have a 90D and the spoiler is indeed active. As many have reported it isn't supposed to have one, but they are delivering the spoilers active for now.

I think what Tesla means the active spoiler is it adjusts position based on speed, does not mean it actually moves.

P90D's spoiler adjusts position based on different speed, that what Tesla calls it Active. Other models, such as 90D, 75D will have a spoiler that has 3 positions only, which they call non-active.

• Informative
Reactions: tlo and umeshunni
I think what Tesla means the active spoiler is it adjusts position based on speed, does not mean it actually moves.

P90D's spoiler adjusts position based on different speed, that what Tesla calls it Active. Other models, such as 90D, 75D will have a spoiler that has 3 positions only, which they call non-active.

You have evidence of a P90D spoiler having more than three positions? I have only heard reports of fully up at low speeds, slightly lowered above ~45 mph, and closed when the vehicle is off.

18 of which month?

Estimated Delivery Date on purchase agreement was the 18th of May, so the car arrived "early". My purchase agreement has disappeared from my Tesla page, which is weird. But delivery is still on for tomorrow. Just a bit over 24 hours to go. I confirmed my order on January 19, received my VIN about Feb 10th. A few false "about to go into production" notices and finally got the call about 2 weeks ago that it was in paint. Then notified last Friday that it was being wrapped and prepped to leave the factory. Got purchase agreement that evening. DS called 4 days later, Tuesday to let me know it arrived. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow... I'll let you know if I get a sunshade. :p

Reactions: K-MTG

This is misleading. P90D's spoiler has three positions. All spoilers are the same. You read more into the word "active" than is actually there.

Reactions: goneskiian

Sorry, but you're incorrect. The three position spoiler is active according to Tesla. Until we have actual evidence to the contrary, or Tesla changes it's description. There was a specification sheet released back about the time of the reveal that talked about the three positions as being all there is.

I'm not saying that couldn't change in the future though. Obviously we've seen this before with them and we know most of the systems are software upgradeable. ;)

Edit: And ince again I'm too slow and got pipped by @ohmman's quicker thinking and typing. Yes, I'm getting used to it. :rolleyes::p;)

This is misleading. P90D's spoiler has three positions. All spoilers are the same. You read more into the word "active" than is actually there.
Obviously there isn't anything special about 45mph that makes the spoiler 2nd position magically improve efficiency. It's just Tesla picked this speed as an average and chose a better angle. This is very easy for Tesla to calculate and program into the system.

There is no reason why Tesla couldn't have 2 settings or an infinite number of settings (for best efficiency). If they could collect enough data and create a curve for the spoiler to follow, it could be a more gradual and more efficient. I hope when they have more time, they'll sit down and collect the data & perform those calculations.

There is no reason why Tesla couldn't have 2 settings or an infinite number of settings (for best efficiency). If they could collect enough data and create a curve for the spoiler to follow, it could be a more gradual and more efficient. I hope when they have more time, they'll sit down and collect the data & perform those calculations.
I absolutely agree. I just wanted to point out that it's currently not the case. Looking forward to getting 50 miles of extra range from that software update. :rolleyes:

Obviously there isn't anything special about 45mph that makes the spoiler 2nd position magically improve efficiency. It's just Tesla picked this speed as an average and chose a better angle. This is very easy for Tesla to calculate and program into the system.

Yup. My thoughts as well. It's probably a bit down the list of software to-do's though.

Here my pick up thoughts and general observations.

The X and pickup:

The pickup process was very smooth. We arrived a little early for our appt so we got a chance to look at the car and do the initial payment stuff first saving our 45 mins or more after the tour to look over the car and hear about the features. There were 4 X’s being delivered and 2 S’s (both with old fascia)

Amazing car, never owned a Tesla before but drove the S a few times. Loving the drive so far, wind and road noise is minimal. My thoughts…turn up the music if it is too much for you :) The fit and finish is the car is definitely not at the level of some European auto makers but it is getting there. Is mine one of the flawless models produced in April…not sure. I have a few minor cosmetic issues which were noted on the due bill, maybe I’m just a perfectionist. They include the chrome trim sticking out a bit in the driver side rear and tailgate is misaligned a bit on the drivers side. As others have mentioned recently, the sunshade is not included and not even mentioned on the due bill(it is just a given now). The blind phone holster is not included anymore which is kids of disappointing. I ordered the Accessory hitch and received the 2” Bosal receiver along with wiring harness. Some folks have the Bio weapon defense mode without PUP - mine does not. Finally, the spoiler is active, it moves down at approximately ~45 mph.

Factory tour:

Amazing amount of automation, a must see if you are in the area. My recommendation is that if you choose to do the tour, pick a time slot earlier in the day. The stamping area was already shutdown for the day and most of the robots were not working as it was the end of the day already. The end of the line was in progress and saw many aspects of the X and S being finished. All 90D’s and some P90’s.

Surprisingly, there were still some S’s in final assembly which had the old fascia but the majority of the ones before final had the new fascia. Interesting note: All the S’s with the new fascia had the front license plate holder installed using the new glued on mechanism. When asked about X, it will eventually get there also just there right now. I’m glad mine does not have it. Here is Cali, at least I have 6 six months before anyone can stop me for not having one.

The mix of S and X in assembly has changed from before. Last time I went to the factory for the exclusive preview, there 3-4 S’s and followed by an X. It was actually reverse right now, so a lot of X’s were being assembled. When we were on our way to the pickup, three trucks were departing with new cars, majority of them loaded with X’s. Production is ramping up again which is great for all you folks waiting out there. There were many many X’s that were finished already. Just wait a little longer folks, it is worth it.

Finally, my son got an exclusive viewing of the new Tesla S radio flyer car for kids. He loved it and of course wants one, in Red :D

I am vin 34xx in Houston. Got word that my car has arrived at the service center. Still don't know when I can get it. Was told typically 72 hrs before service releases it for delivery but my car was probably produced in towards the last week of April/early May so hopefully not as many issues. My tesla page still says in production queue for the last two weeks.