Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X came in Tuesday to Houston too, 3 days and no delivery date yet. April won't commit to a time. I'm hoping on getting it next week. vin 41xx. Hope to see you there. Mine's obsidian with black leather.
Mine got in Thursday. Obsidian with white seats. I was hoping to get it detailed on Monday with xpel and kenzo. I had to go to the service center today because my charging cable went bad for my model S. I was hoping to see the X but it wasn't there, getting state inspection sticker. April wouldn't commit either, said she might know tomorrow. I did see a few other X, probably at least 5-6.

image.jpeg
Successful delivery of my X (VIN #110x) occurred today! Delivery went smoothly and we took our time going over everything several times. Fit and finish on the car is great. Everything lines up as it should. Paint looks great all over. All doors, windows, etc.. operating as it all should. Reading all the stories here on the forums I was fully expecting to have at least one thing to list as a problem on delivery. And there is nothing. I guess I'll wait around for my sun shade like everyone else and hope that I don't have any issues pop up in the immediate future.

This car is incredible, but most of you already know that. I've sat in an X, seen a few in the wild, but when you actually get to drive your own away from the SC it's just one of those "wow!" moments. This is my first Tesla so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Denver SC had several X's... There were some people going over a multi-coat red one, I think it was being delivered, but I was too happy about my own to do do more than just notice their presence. Seems like white (a couple glossy, a couple pearl) along with midnight silver made up nearly all the X's on site. I'm really liking my pearl white in person and the white seats are stunning. Super comfortable too. And seeing the midnight silver with white seats combo in person, I would be equally happy had I chose that -- awesome combo.

Seems the third row seats have changed their operation a bit since the recall. We have the new seats. Our manufacture date is 5/16 on the car, BTW. MVPA date was the 18th, but the car arrived early, on Monday, and didn't show any need for fixes in the final inspection, so we could have picked up a couple days ago, but couldn't make it Wednesday and yesterday the SC was booked up solid with deliveries.

Biggest issue I have now is that my wife and I will probably be fighting over who gets to drive it.

@ohmman - I only had the car for 10 minutes before dropping it off for tinting. I'm hoping I am incorrect, will post pics and confirm once I get the car back next week.

@K-MTG No sunshade, didn't have the car long enough to pass judgement on the front windshield(it was early in and overcast in Fremont). I'm getting the front windshield tinted with Photosync just to be safe. Pro-Forma MVPA listed 4/16/2016, this was likely bad data since I was not available to pick up on during that week.

Intial random notes, will add more once the euphoria dies down. :)
  • No Tow Hitch included like some reported
  • Free Mug, Umbrella, Pen, Pin

View attachment 176500 Successful delivery of my X (VIN #110x) occurred today! Delivery went smoothly and we took our time going over everything several times. Fit and finish on the car is great. Everything lines up as it should. Paint looks great all over. All doors, windows, etc.. operating as it all should. Reading all the stories here on the forums I was fully expecting to have at least one thing to list as a problem on delivery. And there is nothing. I guess I'll wait around for my sun shade like everyone else and hope that I don't have any issues pop up in the immediate future.

This car is incredible, but most of you already know that. I've sat in an X, seen a few in the wild, but when you actually get to drive your own away from the SC it's just one of those "wow!" moments. This is my first Tesla so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Denver SC had several X's... There were some people going over a multi-coat red one, I think it was being delivered, but I was too happy about my own to do do more than just notice their presence. Seems like white (a couple glossy, a couple pearl) along with midnight silver made up nearly all the X's on site. I'm really liking my pearl white in person and the white seats are stunning. Super comfortable too. And seeing the midnight silver with white seats combo in person, I would be equally happy had I chose that -- awesome combo.

Seems the third row seats have changed their operation a bit since the recall. We have the new seats. Our manufacture date is 5/16 on the car, BTW. MVPA date was the 18th, but the car arrived early, on Monday, and didn't show any need for fixes in the final inspection, so we could have picked up a couple days ago, but couldn't make it Wednesday and yesterday the SC was booked up solid with deliveries.

Biggest issue I have now is that my wife and I will probably be fighting over who gets to drive it.

Congrats! Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield adequate? Glad to see no build issues!

Congrats! Is the spoiler active? Did you get a sunshade? Is the tint on the panoramic windshield adequate? What was the estimated delivery date on your MVPA?
Spoiler is active and retracts all the way down when car powers off. No sunshade. Tint seems adequate. Everyone is blown away by the windshield. My original delivery was mid-April/Early May. Took 6 weeks from start of production to delivery, with 2 of those weeks at the SC.

Reactions: goneskiian
View attachment 176500 Successful delivery of my X (VIN #110x) occurred today! Delivery went smoothly and we took our time going over everything several times. Fit and finish on the car is great. Everything lines up as it should. Paint looks great all over. All doors, windows, etc.. operating as it all should. Reading all the stories here on the forums I was fully expecting to have at least one thing to list as a problem on delivery. And there is nothing. I guess I'll wait around for my sun shade like everyone else and hope that I don't have any issues pop up in the immediate future.

Congrats!! Is that pearl or normal white?

Picked up our beautiful blue Moxie yesterday at the Seattle service center. Absolutely satisfied! Thanks to everyone that contributed to the Model X Checklist, it came in very handy during the delivery. Zero due bill items (sunshade doesn't count, it's not a due bill item, they will give to everyone once it's available). Didn't drive it very far, but we have no issues with it at all!! Super excited to drive it some more, but will take it easy this weekend as it goes in for partial wrap on Monday... but after that some nice road trips :)

IMG_2738.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

Last edited:
@Monkey , one of those is mine! I'm picking up my pearl white 90D & ultra white seats and carbon fiber trim on Monday!

Did you ask them to install the front license plate holder, or did they install that by default?

Congrats! Yeah I probably saw your X then. I didn't go up and look in each one so couldn't say. The midnight silver one with white seats also had carbon fiber trim and it all fit together perfectly. I did matte obeche wood in ours and it looks great. I don't think there's a bad color or trim combo with the X.

They do not install the front plate holder by default. He asked if I wanted it on there -- and I'm going to need it as I park a lot of places with over-active meter cops. :(

I wish I would have waited though. Like most front plate holders it requires tapping two small holes to attach it, perhaps I could have found a better solution. The plate holder on the new model S looks identical, but it attaches underneath into dedicated screw holes and doesn't damage the front of the car. Hopefully the X will be updated with the same bits in the near future, but doesn't help us. Anyway, it is what it is... I don't mind so much as it will have the front plate on there as long as I own the car. This can be the next Guy's problem.

My first issue/ complaint about the car is the glossy seat backs. Already have a small scuff in one and I think I did it myself last night. I'm going to get them wrapped with Xpel or something similar. Tesla chose the wrong material for those seat backs. On the bright side, with the plastic that soft, a little polishing compound and a buffer pad and they'll look as good as new.

People notice the car. Surprised at how many try to honk or get my attention. Thankfully not on the highway so much. Almost as bad as when I'm driving one our older collectors cars. On the way home with it, one guy got so excited trying to point the car out to his passenger that he almost drove into me! But it was a residential area and 25MPH speed limit. I didn't think so at the time, but reflecting back on it, that was kinda funny. The first person to acknowledge the car was a motorcycle rider on Colorado Blvd, about to get on I-25. I couldn't see his face through his helmet, but he pointed at me and gave the over-exaggerated head nod.

My kids have gone crazy over the X... Which reminds me that I need to order those Lloyds floor matts or hope WeatherTech gets their act together soon.

• Informative
Reactions: BrettH
Thanks for the update @Monkey ! Yeah, hopefully Tesla updates the Model X so that the front license plate holder on newer ones attaches the same way as the new Model S. I almost never park somewhere with a meter maid so I think I'm going to hold off on attaching the front license plate.

I'm hopeful that my 90D is part of the last batch of 90D's that got the active spoiler. Recent reports are saying that the newest 90D's have a fixed spoiler. I guess I'll find out on Monday! I'll be happy either way. I've already told myself that it's just one less thing that could break over time since I'm buying it instead of leasing.