Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On May 14th about 5pm we finally took delivery of our Model X 90D! Photos here:
Tesla Model X

All seems well, but hoping the DS comes to shows us the ins and outs as we're trying to figure out auto-park and summons and such on our own. Also, not sure I have the falcon wings totally figured out and live in fear of slamming them against the garage door.

Your car looks amazing

Was at Scottsdale AZ service center over the weekend and saw 2 Xs and several Ss including new design.

VIN on Xs were:
47xx 90D
68xx P90D (say what???)

1st one got me hopeful (my VIN is 48xx)
2nd one confirmed they are manufacturing by price trying to boost Q2 revenue.

Feel badly for 75Ders.
Yes, many of the 75Ders have been in line for over two years (reservation) and find the line getting longer....in front of them!

Picked up our beautiful blue Moxie yesterday at the Seattle service center. Absolutely satisfied! Thanks to everyone that contributed to the Model X Checklist, it came in very handy during the delivery. Zero due bill items (sunshade doesn't count, it's not a due bill item, they will give to everyone once it's available). Didn't drive it very far, but we have no issues with it at all!! Super excited to drive it some more, but will take it easy this weekend as it goes in for partial wrap on Monday... but after that some nice road trips :)

View attachment 176518
View attachment 176519
Congrats @Saxena!

Yes, many of the 75Ders have been in line for over two years (reservation) and find the line getting longer....in front of them!
Nice first post. :rolleyes:

Since it seems it needs repeating, the reservation was for a place in line to place an ORDER, not to take delivery. :p;)

Reactions: WABarb and Saxena
I took delivery of my X today. So far so good. Not surprisingly - the car is fantastic. I honestly didn't find any concerns after looking at the car very closely - so no due bill items as a result of the walk through. I looked very closely at the overall door alignment as that was one of my biggest concerns. It looks to me as though it it is a hair off - but really close to perfect. The build date was 4/16 and the VIN is 47XX - ordered 1/4/2016.

It is a 90D non pup. I do have a few notes which may be of interest to others and may answer some questions -

1) Unless it was an optical illusion - the spoiler is definitely active. I haven't been able to pin down exactly when it moves - but on the highway it was down a bit and at slower speeds it seemed to up a bit. It closes when the car locks.

2) My regular size golf bag fits comfortably in the Frunk as long - as I take my drivers out of the bag. I thought it would - but now it is nice to see it nestled there in its new home.

3) Trying the garage out for size was a nerve racking experience. I did take a few preventative measures which paid off. My rails are low at 85" and the door itself is a bit lower when open. I also have a 1 foot high knee wall that looked like it might need protection. Lastly - I needed to adjust the opening height of the rear lift gate as it clearly would have opened much too high at its default setting. So with about $20 of investment - a "Prevent a Dent Pad" for the wall and a some foam pipe insulation for the door and rail I was prepared to give it a go. It turned out to be the best $20 I ever spent. What I learned is that it takes a bit of force to stop the rear lift gate on the way up - so be prepared. The side door - generally doesn't hit the knee wall - but sometimes it does - perhaps based on where I parked. With the garage door open - the falcon wing doors do a great job - they stop before they hit anything - although they can't open all that high. When the garage door is closed however - the rail isn't sensed. The foam makes for a soft hit - but I think I will be careful when the door is closed. Overall this is very workable.

4) If I had self presenting doors - I think I would turn it off. The garage is just too tight to have that be workable .

5) I am still worried about the falcon wing doors exiting the garage. Based on the experience of the individual who had the key fob open the doors at exactly the wrong moment - I decided I wouldn't move the car if anything was beeping. That means seat belt on at a minimum. Well it turns out that when I leave my garage - there is a ton of beeping from the sensors as it is a tight fit. I think it is likely that I will learn to ignore that beeping. So I am hoping there is some better solution.

6) I have never owned a fast car - but boy is the 90D fast. I'm sure the P is unbelievable - but the 90D has all the acceleration I need.

7) All of the controls and setup are very intuitive. I figured I would have an hour or so of setup, but it was all done in a few minutes - Phone home link etc.

8) I have followed the dialog on front license plates on this site, but the DS told me that the State of Massachusetts was very clear with Tesla regarding front plates - not an option to not put it on.

9) The windshield is supposedly EZPass friendly.

10) I haven't driven at night - so haven't yet checked the windshield but will do so tonight.

11) There were quite a few X's at the Dedham service center to be delivered.

It has been a very long wait - but definitely worth it. I have appreciated all of the commentary on the TMC site - so wanted to contribute my first impression.

I took delivery of my X today. So far so good. Not surprisingly - the car is fantastic. I honestly didn't find any concerns after looking at the car very closely - so no due bill items as a result of the walk through. I looked very closely at the overall door alignment as that was one of my biggest concerns. It looks to me as though it it is a hair off - but really close to perfect. The build date was 4/16 and the VIN is 47XX - ordered 1/4/2016.

It is a 90D non pup. I do have a few notes which may be of interest to others and may answer some questions -

1) Unless it was an optical illusion - the spoiler is definitely active. I haven't been able to pin down exactly when it moves - but on the highway it was down a bit and at slower speeds it seemed to up a bit. It closes when the car locks.

2) My regular size golf bag fits comfortably in the Frunk as long - as I take my drivers out of the bag. I thought it would - but now it is nice to see it nestled there in its new home.

3) Trying the garage out for size was a nerve racking experience. I did take a few preventative measures which paid off. My rails are low at 85" and the door itself is a bit lower when open. I also have a 1 foot high knee wall that looked like it might need protection. Lastly - I needed to adjust the opening height of the rear lift gate as it clearly would have opened much too high at its default setting. So with about $20 of investment - a "Prevent a Dent Pad" for the wall and a some foam pipe insulation for the door and rail I was prepared to give it a go. It turned out to be the best $20 I ever spent. What I learned is that it takes a bit of force to stop the rear lift gate on the way up - so be prepared. The side door - generally doesn't hit the knee wall - but sometimes it does - perhaps based on where I parked. With the garage door open - the falcon wing doors do a great job - they stop before they hit anything - although they can't open all that high. When the garage door is closed however - the rail isn't sensed. The foam makes for a soft hit - but I think I will be careful when the door is closed. Overall this is very workable.

4) If I had self presenting doors - I think I would turn it off. The garage is just too tight to have that be workable .

5) I am still worried about the falcon wing doors exiting the garage. Based on the experience of the individual who had the key fob open the doors at exactly the wrong moment - I decided I wouldn't move the car if anything was beeping. That means seat belt on at a minimum. Well it turns out that when I leave my garage - there is a ton of beeping from the sensors as it is a tight fit. I think it is likely that I will learn to ignore that beeping. So I am hoping there is some better solution.

6) I have never owned a fast car - but boy is the 90D fast. I'm sure the P is unbelievable - but the 90D has all the acceleration I need.

7) All of the controls and setup are very intuitive. I figured I would have an hour or so of setup, but it was all done in a few minutes - Phone home link etc.

8) I have followed the dialog on front license plates on this site, but the DS told me that the State of Massachusetts was very clear with Tesla regarding front plates - not an option to not put it on.

10) I haven't driven at night - so haven't yet checked the windshield but will do so tonight.

It has been a very long wait - but definitely worth it. I have appreciated all of the commentary on the TMC site - so wanted to contribute my first impression.

Congrats! Can you post some more pics of your garage setup and provide a list of items you used to Tesla-proof your garage? That would be greatly appreciated!

Did you get a sunshade? How is the tint on the panoramic windshield? Is it sufficient?

Reactions: mlouie23
The time has come my friends!
The Silver Bullet is coming home tomorrow at noon!
My DS called me today to confirm that our 90D (vin 49xx) will be ready for pickup tomorrow.
Still in shock that it progressed as quickly as it has in recent days considering the bevy of recent hiccups with production speeds.
From what I was told, my car finished proouction on May 5th and made it on a truck shortly thereafter. It arrived in Atlanta on Monday and is ready for pickup on Wednesday!
Sleep will be nonexistent tonight.
More to come tomorrow.

Congrats! Thanks for the thorough list!

My DS called me today to confirm that our 90D (vin 49xx) will be ready for pickup tomorrow.
Still in shock that it progressed as quickly as it has in recent days considering the bevy of recent hiccups with production speeds.
From what I was told, my car finished proouction on May 5th and made it on a truck shortly thereafter. It arrived in Atlanta on Monday and is ready for pickup on Wednesday!
More to come tomorrow.
Congrats! Can't wait to see your pictures! ;)

More to come tomorrow.

Hopefully that spoiler is active and you get a sunshade. When did you get your MVPA and what was the estimated date on it?

Congrats! Can you post some more pics of your garage setup and provide a list of items you used to Tesla-proof your garage? That would be greatly appreciated!

Did you get a sunshade? How is the tint on the panoramic windshield? Is it sufficient?

I will work on pictures. I did also ask about the sunshade - but the DS didn't know what I was talking about. I think they have delivered lots of S's but very few X's in MA - so I informed him that I was eagerly awaiting the sunshade :). The tint is great. It was a sunny day and I didn't really notice any heat issues. I remember sun roofs in older cars generating quite a bit of heat - but I had the sense that this roof is truly different in a good way.

@trmmcd Congrats. You will enjoy. Don't stress the sun shade too much. There is most likely a "Due Bill" in your glove box, but you won't need it. I have been driving mine for 3 weeks and completing a 2000 mile trip -- in the hottest days, I never realize the windshield is there. No heat... no glare and not heat.

Don't know about the ez pass yet. Will get my EV Tags this week.

Reactions: EV Family
More to come tomorrow.

Well this is a little frustrating. My 90D was supposedly finished on May 2, but my DS (Zach at the Decatur Georgia center) says that my car won't arrive in Georgia for another week or two. Apparently it's being shipped by rail. I guess your car took the quick route to Georgia. :)

Pjjava34, who is your DS and what center are you taking delivery at? Congratulations btw.

Oh wow, that is fast. I got my MVPA over 3 weeks ago but still nothing. The date is on the 2nd page (on the top portion) under where it list you address and Tesla's address
I see now...that area is left blank. I really think there is no consistent way Tesla goes about how the delivery process is played out. Everyone is getting different information, some are getting details, tracking and so on while some are getting nothing. I really don't think one can look at another persons order confirmation, vin assignment and MVPA dates/timelines and draw any conclusions about what it means for their personal vehicle. That's just my opinion and observations from reading these forums and trying to calculate when I should have expected to receive mine. What I can recommend is that if your DS is not very proactive in keeping you in the loop (as mine was) you need to take the initiative, make calls and inquire to get the information you seek.

Well this is a little frustrating. My 90D was supposedly finished on May 2, but my DS (Zach at the Decatur Georgia center) says that my car won't arrive in Georgia for another week or two. Apparently it's being shipped by rail. I guess your car took the quick route to Georgia. :)

Pjjava34, who is your DS and what center are you taking delivery at? Congratulations btw.

Thanks! I know how frustrating it could be. My DS Zac told me that Tesla recently agreed on rail as the preferred east coast shipping method and a few cars (based on configuration and batching I assume) made it on one of the final truck deliveries to the east. I just got extremely lucky in that sense. Where you will save time is from arrival in Decatur to arrival in your hands. They are finally able to move these "lowe" problem X's much quicker as they need fewer things to be adjusted before delivery.

The windshield is supposedly EZPass friendly.
In California, my Bay Area FasTrak works through the windshield fine.

@trmmcdI have been driving mine for 3 weeks and completing a 2000 mile trip -- in the hottest days, I never realize the windshield is there. No heat... no glare and not heat.
Interestingly enough, I've had this same experience until today. We broke 90 degrees and my windshield was pretty hot in the upper dark section. I could feel the heat radiating off of it, and when I touched it, I found it to be quite hot. I worked around it by aiming my air vents up at my forehead (instead of at my mid-section) but they don't really go high enough to totally counteract the heat.

I also found that while the car was effective at getting and staying cool, I encountered the negative side effect of that power. For the first time outside of Supercharging, I got to hear the air conditioner from at least 100 yards away in the parking lot. A little embarrassing, I have to say. It's LOUD. Yet another head-turner for the Model X, I guess?

More to come tomorrow.

Same boat as PJ! Exciting day!

Picked up 034xx last night! Couldn't find any issues. it got to the service center on Thursday and picked up on Tuesday. Lot of new cars at the north Houston service center. Looks great, I got the standard 20" rims, but the 22 black look better IMO. I will likely get them powder coated. I still haven't driven a model x yet, it's for my wife and she took it home. The seven seats are crowded and reduces rear visibility. If the head rest on the middle seat was retractable or absent, that would be helpful. I have 3 small kids so need all the seats we can get. Also, white interior and the kids were all over the seats during the hour or so orientation including there shoes, but no issues.

On May 14th about 5pm we finally took delivery of our Model X 90D! Photos here:
Tesla Model X

All seems well, but hoping the DS comes to shows us the ins and outs as we're trying to figure out auto-park and summons and such on our own. Also, not sure I have the falcon wings totally figured out and live in fear of slamming them against the garage door.

Looks awesome! Especially with the razorback emblem. BTW, where did you get the razorback emblem?

Looks awesome! Especially with the razorback emblem. BTW, where did you get the razorback emblem?
Thanks, they're available online. I think we picked those up at Sports Authority in Springfield, MO If you live in Arkansas you trip over them anywhere you go!
Link to one on Walmart.com, but you can find them all over: University of Arkansas Emblem - Walmart.com