Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X may qualify for 50% business write off.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model X is supposed to be around 10% heavier, so roughly 2400-2500 kg or 5300-5500 lb.

Elon Musk announces Ludicrous Mode for Model S (2015) AUDIO - YouTube

That would be excellent, for many reasons. Frankly, at this point, I'm a little skeptical of all previous statements made my TM and Elon regarding Model X specs/features. I guess I'm just starting to see those statements as what they had hoped to achieve with Model X knowing they might miss the target some.

Not an accountant either but my understanding is max first year credit is $25,000(includes your "normal" depreciation so $130,000 becomes $105,000
Yes I missed the first year max is $25,000 for 179. Looks like you get the normal depreciation too (which we are sadly limited in Canada from the looks of things). Also looks like 100 days countdown to a Dec 31 2015 deadline as of today.
9-22-2015 4-47-18 PM.png

I think these savings tables are deceiving. You don't really "save" $25K on the car, but rather get to subtract from your gross annual income, correct ? This means if you are in a 40 percent tax bracket , you saved $10K, correct ? Plus the EV deduction which ($10,000 fed plus state X.4 =$4000). Not complaining and I'm not even sure this applies to my situation, but you're getting $14,000 back in your pocket , not $35,000.

I'm wondering how this deduction works if you lease the car through TM. I know you forfeit the federal $7500 but do you get the entire vehicle weight deduction ?

I'm wondering how this deduction works if you lease the car through TM. I know you forfeit the federal $7500 but do you get the entire vehicle weight deduction ?

If you lease, you don't claim the $7,500 tax credit on your own taxes. However, you still benefit from it because the lessor claims it and adds it to the residual value of your vehicle, which lowers your monthly lease payment.

See my Model X California Leasing thread here for more details:

Model X California Leasing

That's pretty good. The Model S has always had a bit low carrying capacity.

Checking a random Model S D here, it has curb weight of 2187 kg/4821 lb and a max allowable weight of 2670 kg/5886 lb, which means max 483 kg/1064 lb of cargo. If you load up five adults weighing 75 kg/165 lb, that means that the total amount of luggage can't exceed 108 kg/238 lb, or 21.6 kg/48 lb per adult. You can easily exceed that with a ski box, five pairs of skis and a small overnight bag for each person.

The Model X should weigh somewhere around 2500 kg/5500 lb, so that should mean that you'll be able to carry around 778 kg/1700 lb. Counting seven adults at 75 kg/165 lb means you'll be able to carry 253 kg/557 lb of luggage, or 36 kg/80 lb per person. That's much better.
Curb weight now official: 5441 lb or 2468 kg. So slightly better than the figures I used here. That should be more than good enough for most people.

I went to the launch tonight. FYI: Elon's Model X says, "The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed .... 1157 lbs"
View attachment 96045

Wow, really? That means that if you fill up the car with 7 adults at 75 kg each (525 kg), you can't carry *any* luggage. That's disappointing.

yea really so I guess I wouldn't be able to drive around with 5 or 6 of my buddies all of us are over 200lb. that's terrible. i'm dumbfounded at how much tesla has really dropped the ball here with the X. whats the point of a vehicle taht you can't use to drive your friends around?

yea really so I guess I wouldn't be able to drive around with 5 or 6 of my buddies all of us are over 200lb. that's terrible. i'm dumbfounded at how much tesla has really dropped the ball here with the X. whats the point of a vehicle taht you can't use to drive your friends around?
geez so much gloom and doom.... so order up the class 3/towing package - that'll work for you & your large buddies - & still give a couple tons to spare !
[emoji4]

I had to field a bunch of ____ about this last night; said source being who he is that Hummer reference must have hit the right-wing blogs/newsfeeds at Ludicrous speed so dollars to doughboys we will be seeing a lot more flak regarding same in the immediate future.

Funny there doesn't appear to be concurrent vitriol in those articles about Hummers getting that break....