Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X more efficient when towing compared to MB EQC 400 and AUDI e-tron

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Which does not surprise me.

https://electrek.co/2019/10/08/tesl...z-eqc-audi-e-tron-camper-trailer-towing-test/

Quote: “The EQC required about 10% more energy to travel the same distance as the Model X with a trailer. Unsurprisingly, the e-tron, which is not very efficient (for an EV) as previously noted, came in last and required about 27% more energy to travel the same distance as the Model X with a trailer.”

It's a Hobby Caravan, but can't see which model.
Thanks for your identification. I went to the Hobby Caravan website and see that at Home it states there are 58 different models! My guess is the model is something like this one Model

I'm more impressed with the 246Wh/mi for the Model X without trailer.
That low number must be due to a relatively low speed. I estimate their test speed was about 50mph.

It's a Hobby Caravan, but can't see which model.

I'm more impressed with the 246Wh/mi for the Model X without trailer...

I agree.

I occasionally see under 250 Wh/mi for a 30-40 mile trip. But my lifetime is at 272 wh/mi on my Raven LR X with not much HVAC.
Still pretty happy with that. And for reference my AWD Model 3 on 19" was 230 (which is well below the norm, I drive with a pretty light foot).