Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All seats should be sideways like the tube train. Except driver of course.
LU1973ts-interior.jpg

THERE ARE MULTIPLE TEST VEHICLES. I'm not sure how difficult that is to understand. This one may be the same one in the Left Lane News spread, or it may be different. It's certainly a different one than the one that had silver wheels and broken fenders.

Of course there are multiple test vehicles, but there are also a lot of indications in the detail that suggest this particular mule has appeared in most, if not all of the independent-seeming leaks - in two different sets of wheels. Either that or identical errors in the camo have been carefully crafted, a (distant) possibility of course. The car seems to do some auto-pilot testing, perhaps.

The first leaks in the docks and the black mule, those are harder to say if they are the same car (different camo) or a different mule.

Of course there are multiple test vehicles, but there are also a lot of indications in the detail that suggest this particular mule has appeared in most, if not all of the independent-seeming leaks - in two different sets of wheels. Either that or identical errors in the camo have been carefully crafted, a (distant) possibility of course. The car seems to do some auto-pilot testing, perhaps.

The first leaks in the docks and the black mule, those are harder to say if they are the same car (different camo) or a different mule.
My comment was directed mostly to the people implying that this was the same badly damaged one we saw before only repaired and with different wheels, or the video was older and taken before that damage occurred. I did acknowledge that this looks similar to the one in the bulk of the leaks, and in all likelihood is the same vehicle. It's difficult to tell how many unique vehicles we have actually seen, but it's at least 4 and likely more.

All seats should be sideways like the tube train. Except driver of course.

Just in case someone takes this seriously - Never! One of my Toyota Land Cruisers - the 1980 BJ40 - has side-facing seats, as do a slew of their other models, like the 45 aka "Troopy".
It is always uncomfortable or worse trying to maintain one's balance, one's composure and most of all one's lunch when the vehicle is moving forward and you're jolting left-right-left. Yecch.

Last edited:

Already reported up-thread and over-analysed by press it seems. It's amazing how they proclaim that this was a test of auto-pilot with the driver deliberately trying to crash the car:
The latest Tesla Model X spy video shows a test driver purposely trying to crash a Model X test mule, no doubt putting thenext-gen Autopilot system through its paces. Talk about a ballsy job.

Maybe he was just texting his boss "Oh crap, I got filmed again!"

Already reported up-thread and over-analysed by press it seems. It's amazing how they proclaim that this was a test of auto-pilot with the driver deliberately trying to crash the car:

Maybe he was just texting his boss "Oh crap, I got filmed again!"

More likely he was texting "Elon, I got someone else to leak a video of the X! This one should keep interest for a while."

I think it's ludacris to think they were trying to crash it on purpose. I suppose it's just click-bait for the article. On public roads... can you imagine if they succeeded?? Injury to driver, private property, other people/drivers. NOT happening.

I think they were simply trying to drive it off onto the shoulder, not necessarily trying to crash it. The feature is called "lane assist", not "crash assist". ;)

I think they were simply trying to drive it off onto the shoulder, not necessarily trying to crash it. The feature is called "lane assist", not "crash assist". ;)

I agree they weren't actually trying to crash it. I'm disagreeing with the implication the article makes, that they are testing this kind of action outside of a test track environment. "The latest Tesla Model X spy video shows a test driver purposely trying to crash a Model X test mule, no doubt putting the next-gen Autopilot system through its paces. "