TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Mule Sightings

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Paul Carter, Jan 29, 2015.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

How about speculative analysis? Or analytical speculation?

2. Gerasimental

Gerasimental Member

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Just a thought...if they have a camera at each fog-light location, technically you could take the image from both cameras and do a glasses-free, lenticular 3D image (for the driver-only). If you performed the same operation for two rear-cameras, then it would make reversing a lot easier because you could naturally tell how far away objects were.

Excuse me, while I go trademark that idea...

4. Natechal

Natechal Member

This is from Palo Alto... Model X

5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how parking sensors tell you distance from objects? I think we have this but without the need for human calculation.

6. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

By all means, let's keep posting the same video over and over again as if it's new.

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

But we can have new discussions about it. I wonder how it will do in the snow????

8. Tim Alguire

Tim Alguire Member

picking on the new guy on their first post :).

9. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018

What I was thinking... "What do you mean you didn't obsessively read through thousands of posts with photoshopped wheelbases before you posted your find?!" utskallning.gif

10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Parking sensors use ultrasonic waves and measures the reflection to determine if there is an object there and how far it is. What I'm referring to is enhancing the rear-camera video image by stereoscopic cameras (i.e. two cameras) to generate a 3D image. The 3D image can then be expressed to the driver via a lenticular process, so that he/she does not need to use cumbersome 3D glasses (similar to how the Nintendo 3D works).

I think this would be high on the cool factor (you read it hear first). Whether or not its actually useful or practical remains to be seen. :)

11. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Sorry I forgot to add a :)

Surprised it wasn't moved to 'Snippiness'

:)

12. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

#72 AnxietyRanger, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I've said it before, this place is tough on a newcomer. It is in the air, nobody can help it. ;)

I can't wait to see how brutal it will be when hordes of "ignorant" Model 3 owners are eventually put in their place for not immediately knowing or caring enough about Tesla the company and EV the mission. :)

I made a new thread about the camera: Model X Mule has front bumper camera(s)?

13. Beryl

Beryl Member

:(

That's unfortunate and doesn't benefit Tesla. I was telling my niece about the M3. I'll warn her to look here but put on Teflon before posting.

14. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

It also looks like sensors around base and rear of the falcon wing doors (to prevent accidental damage when opening?).

X FW sensors.JPG

15. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

Good find. Of course Elon & co. have been discussing Falcon wing door sensors etc., so we know they are there, but curious to see - what indeed looks like sensors - so visibly. Looking at an enlargement, they look like maybe stickers hiding prototype sensors at this point. They are more level, more faint than e.g. the parking sensors.

I had thought of them merely as dirt until now. :)

16. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

But covered with dirt they would soon be with that location.

17. MassModel3

MassModel3 Member

That was my thought with cameras in the fog light assemblies.

You X owners are really going to need to keep your vehicles clean and pristine if you want all your bells and whistles to keep working flawlessly. :tongue:

18. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Or take a moment to browse a bit before hitting that New Thread button. Not that I condone anyone being called out, but I know I personally merged at least 3 threads created about that video, and even after that it kept getting posted as new. Not really surprised someone spoke up about it.

19. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

That's a development I've been expecting to see for a while. I'm also expecting to see them on top of the doors, so it can see if there's room to open normally.

My theory is that it can hinge either way at the outside top, and if you have room beside you but not above it can swing outwards (after moving up just a little bit for the latch) instead. (This would also open the door to roof racks, as long as you don't need to open the rear doors in tight quarters.)
    Walter

20. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

A wiki may be fantastic, but a less-onerous (for you?) idea may be to have a thread per sighting/posting events of pics or video with the first post being a wiki post (like we did in the tally) to keep adding to that sighting event. By merging all sightings in one thread; and every sighting generating long streams of comments; it is hard to find actual new sightings content (image/video) in the stream. Nothing you haven't thought about already I'm sure and thanks for your work,