TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Mule Sightings

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Paul Carter, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Fanatic

Fanatic Member

h rZJtcAD.jpg
    Someone posted this on reddit... Go crazy guys. Said the interior was beautiful..

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Nosecone, albeit more contoured from what I can tell. Mirrors side and rear. Basically looks like the camo ones we've seen. Nice to see it with the door open. I'm guessing this should be enough for most of us to agree we're looking at the "final" body style version.

3. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Well, if you had to test "hundreds" of mules.. Why not try and do it in places people wouldn't expect to see them. In Michigan the X could be hiding in plain sight and no one would probably care.

Careful with the body style comments! Some people around here refuse to accept the possibility that what they have been seeing in the mules for months is almost certainly the final design.

4. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Active Member

dont know if this helps anyone but i just boosted the dark areas and found a LOT of formed plastic...
    18584679340_d0c3494d6d_o.jpg

5. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

This one still has camo (check out the headlights, for example), panel gaps are still a bit rough, and you can see wires hanging down from around the rear-view mirror. Still a mule, maybe even the one we have already seen?

Interesting to see fixed headrests in the second row...

No obvious proximity sensors visible on the bottom edge of the FWD.

Paint on the door mirror looks matt?

And where is the top of the windscreen... does it go all the way back to the FWDs?

6. O-G

O-G Member

No third row of seats.

7. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

In Jerjozwik's posted image, it looks to me like for the second row seats, two seats are kept in the middle row position, the third and furthest seat is pulled all the way back to where a third row would be (both that window seat and the other window seat of the second row appear to be wrapped in plastic with some paper under the plastic near the top of the headrest).

8. AudubonB

AudubonB RIP Borealis 2006-2020

I see a second row and third row, but no first row.

Ain't speckulating fun!

That enhanced image, by the way, goes a long way toward revealing who the rat was who shot and revealed this no-no.:cool:

9. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

Stools that swivel.

10. AudubonB

AudubonB RIP Borealis 2006-2020

#790 AudubonB, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Reflected image also suggests to me that Person Of Interest #2 is holding a charging cord in his hand....if so, evidence that - alas for some of you - charge port remains in same location as in Model S.

More:
    A long time ago I wondered about Model X shoes. Here we see these are Contis; does anyone recognize that tread pattern?

11. bonnie

I noticed that. And alas, I fear someone(s) will be looking for jobs shortly.

12. Twiddler

Twiddler Member

Maybe this is taken at a body shop - looks like a large dent in the rear fender

13. clarkbariowa

clarkbariowa Member

Check this out http://imgur.com/bQhmrJB Another post from this guy. They usually don't have cubes and nice office floors at body shops. Secret Tesla facility right on Mulally's turf?

14. bonnie

Well that should make it easy to track him down. Just match the protein shake spill. :) (I'm imagining him in the office scrubbing the cube walls right now.)

15. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Indeed, especially since someone (jerseygirl?) said they saw an X being loaded onto a truck with Michigan plates and there was a bit of "that doesn't mean anything!" around it.

Thanks for that. With each picture, I can't help but grow a little anxious that the third row will either be unusable or you'll have no rear storage.

I found it interesting there was a note on the door about exhausts, so likely not a facility 100% dedicated to Teslas?

16. clarkbariowa

clarkbariowa Member

He talks about high end cars a lot. I wonder if he works for a car magazine and this is their testing facility? That would explain the regular garage doors with the exhaust warning. Why would tesla use a car with plastic covers on the rear seats. Shipped to this magazine for early review?

17. Oil4AsphaultOnly

Oil4AsphaultOnly Supporting Member

agreed. Can see the interior light of the rear gate, so no 3rd row there.

18. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but, if those are going to be the default wheels on the X, very ordinary (and probably brings it closer to the Mazda parallel). Bland and uninspiring much as the standard 19" wheels on the S.

19. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Michigan unemployment rate just increased by at least one. I bet there are more pictures.......

20. 1208

1208 Active Member

the guys deleted his account and picture on one of the reddit links. :rolleyes: