Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol Model X aesthetics is serious business

og0f8.jpg

FTR, it's neither ugly nor beautiful to me yet. I feel like there's a lot of masking going on, we haven't seen final panels/lines and the black color we keep seeing does a good job of further disguising it.

Last edited:
It is just funny how sensitive are some to word "ugly", they feel offended or hurt or something. Ridiculous.
No one needs to remark how beauty is in the eye of beholder if say a car is beautiful. On the other hand If one dares to say it is ugly all hell brakes loose.
Don't dare insult our Prophet?

You are right that negative sentiments towards Tesla gather more counter-arguments than positive mentions of Tesla do here on TMC. I doubt anyone denies that anymore. I have offered my opinions on why, but that too has been seen as offensive. It is what it is, but we can all do our best to balance things out. That will be for the best.

I think the front end of the Model S is kind of ugly, always have. The early prototype that they showed around was much nicer. Then they turned it into this frowning, scowling hawkface.

But I still bought one. And I love it, and can't wait to get another one some day.

I would have bought an X but they weren't available at the time. Wish I could get one now, but maybe some day. But yeah, the X is kind of ugly too.

Happily, it's not about pretty or ugly though. For me it's about supporting Tesla's mission of changing transportation and ushering in renewable energy and ushering out climate-destroying fossil fuels. All while making fantastic cars that are so ridiculously fun to drive. (Case in point: any opportunity I can get just to drive to the post office or the grocery store or Home Depot -- done.)

But I kind of agree about the Tesla ugliness. The looks are about 90% sleek, and 10% meh. But that's a big meh.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but something about the Model X hits a soft spot with me. Every time I start thinking I should just order a Model S instead of waiting endlessly for the Model X, I see new photos or video of Model X testing and I'm instantly drawn back towards it.

My wife finds the Model X a lot better looking than the Model S. She thinks the Model S looks too garish and vetoed the Model S based on that perception. Otherwise I could have been driving a 85D right now.

I think the Model X can look better, but I'm reserving judgement until I see the completely revealed car.

Different people have different priorities. Fact of life.

It is just funny how sensitive are some to word "ugly", they feel offended or hurt or something. Ridiculous.
No one needs to remark how beauty is in the eye of beholder if say a car is beautiful. On the other hand If one dares to say it is ugly all hell brakes loose.
Don't dare insult our Prophet?

Face it, we have the need to express our feelings. When I see a gorgeous car I'll say so. Same with ugly cars.

If you find Model X beautiful just say so. I have no problem with that.
I have problem with anybody trying to stop me saying it is ugly.

Nobody is trying to stop you saying anything, but equally perhaps you shouldn't be telling others what to say. So you think all SUV's are ugly, some folks will agree with you and others maybe not; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As far as Model X is concerned, how about a show of hands from everyone who has seen it....I haven't but I'm still looking forward to it.

- - - Updated - - -

You are right that negative sentiments towards Tesla gather more counter-arguments than positive mentions of Tesla do here on TMC. I doubt anyone denies that anymore. I have offered my opinions on why, but that too has been seen as offensive. It is what it is, but we can all do our best to balance things out. That will be for the best.

Bless your heart.

I think it's pretty apparent that the reason there are more counterarguments to negative sentiment is because this is a Tesla enthusiast forum. Balanced views and dissenting opinions are not what fan clubs are known for and they're not supposed to be.

I think it's pretty apparent that the reason there are more counterarguments to negative sentiment is because this is a Tesla enthusiast forum. Balanced views and dissenting opinions are not what fan clubs are known for and they're not supposed to be.

Yes, but apparently that is not obvious to all. I don't understand why AR feels that it is his/her reponsbility to repeatedly attempt to shape the tone of discussion on this forum.

Here we go again! Multiple pages of childish babble instead of sticking to the thread. Can't you guys simply limit this thread to photos and videos of the X? Share your opinions, arguments, and counter arguements in other threads. Thanks.

Give the "official" teslamotors.com forum a try, if you haven't already. This thread will then appear to be the purest form of topical precision.

Maybe that's unfair; I left that forum months ago and haven't had it in me to return.

MikeC said:
AnxietyRanger said:

Yes, but apparently that is not obvious to all. I don't understand why AR feels that it is his/her reponsbility to repeatedly attempt to shape the tone of discussion on this forum.

Hey, why pick on me this time. :) In the latest threads it has been other people bringing it up (WarpedOne here and AnOutside in the delay thread) - I just felt like it would be pretty rude of me not to give a shout-out to them in support.

It is not just my opinion. But it is my opinion bringing out these balanced voices does help balance the conversation, so I've given it my support where possible. In reality, I'm active in a miniscule amount of TMC threads, mostly just the Model X forum and token Model S posts. I'm nowhere near as visible as some people seem to give me credit for.

And no, not all fan forums are more about positive and less about negative, some enthusiast/fan forums are brutally critical - just because they care and criticism can be caring too. Visit some, say, sci-fi forum sometimes and see what really zealous fans can be like when it comes to criticism...

new front video

FWIW, that seems to be mule 55. We've recently seen 61 and 62 too. Too much glare to say much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again! Multiple pages of childish babble instead of sticking to the thread. Can't you guys simply limit this thread to photos and videos of the X? Share your opinions, arguments, and counter arguements in other threads. Thanks.

The problem is, long experience has shown people rarely follow to spin-off or moved threads. They like to stick to what they consider them main thread.

Lord knows I've tried to move many a discussion from this thread to other, more specific threads. :) (I do that mostly now so I can find the stuff later, I'm not expecting people to discuss there too much because they do it here.)

Last edited by a moderator:
In reality, I'm active in a miniscule amount of TMC threads, mostly just the Model X forum and token Model S posts. I'm nowhere near as visible as some people seem to give me credit for.

Dont be too modest AR; I think most would agree your brevity of postings is more than compensated by your profuseness of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Lord knows I've tried to move many a discussion from this thread to other, more specific threads. :) (I do that mostly now so I can find the stuff later, I'm not expecting people to discuss there too much because they do it here.)

You should consider becoming a moderator.