Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm expecting that they will show the car in detail at the live stream event - am I assuming too much?

I was just making fun. There's been a history on this thread of people posting pictures and then someone claiming that the car pictured wasn't technically a mule. Since the cars shown tonight are obviously not going to be mules, I thought it'd be appropriate to have one last round of that argument.

I was just making fun. There's been a history on this thread of people posting pictures and then someone claiming that the car pictured wasn't technically a mule. Since the cars shown tonight are obviously not going to be mules, I thought it'd be appropriate to have one last round of that argument.

Well, now that you mention it, Eds said...

[X mule thread mode] Looking closely on what Elon said on twitter...he didn't say "Time to show 'the final production version of the Model X'", but instead he said "time to show 'the real thing'". this must mean something different. Maybe he's going to show...

...the 'thing'.....

......like a tailpipe thing........or worse....

...maybe? Just speculating, ....of course...[/X mule thread mode]

[X mule thread mode] Looking closely on what Elon said on twitter...he didn't say "Time to show 'the final production version of the Model X'", but instead he said "time to show 'the real thing'". this must mean something different. Maybe he's going to show...

...the 'thing'.....

......like a tailpipe thing........or worse....

...maybe? Just speculating, ....of course...[/X mule thread mode]

Coca-Cola Classic? lol :biggrin:

A few more before the reveal (from Twitter):

CQDg6HtUsAA4MQW.jpg

CQDg6HVUcAE5q5J.jpg

CQDg6YOUcAAFP5L.jpg

While it's possible that there could be a ~100 kwh battery at the base of the trailer for test convenience, I highly doubt that Tesla would enter the trailer business any time soon. Range extenders of any sort also wouldn't fit to Tesla's marketing strategy. They have large batteries in the car + superchargers.

You know... revisiting this. Tesla uses F150s for ranger/valet service now. What if they made their own trailers with batteries in them so that they could use a fleet of Model X as their pickup/delivery haulers?