Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X multi faults- no drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I had my front motor stop working, followed by no suspension raising and lowering, no brake assist, a few other sensors failing. no D or R at all. Warning said I needed a service, then...no D or R at all. Tesla took 4 hours to recover the car and I'm still waiting for a rental car... Reboots did nothing....

Is this breakdown happening to just me? The car is 1 month old, 1800 miles and has had a range of faults since day one including being fitted with a LHD rearview mirror which is stupid for the UK where we are RHD !!!!

Last night I had my front motor stop working, followed by no suspension raising and lowering, no brake assist, a few other sensors failing. no D or R at all. Warning said I needed a service, then...no D or R at all. Tesla took 4 hours to recover the car and I'm still waiting for a rental car... Reboots did nothing....

Is this breakdown happening to just me? The car is 1 month old, 1800 miles and has had a range of faults since day one including being fitted with a LHD rearview mirror which is stupid for the UK where we are RHD !!!![/QUOT

Is this breakdown happening to just me? The car is 1 month old, 1800 miles and has had a range of faults since day one including being fitted with a LHD rearview mirror which is stupid for the UK where we are RHD !!!!

Sounds like a real nuisance.

In the US we are required to have rear view mirrors on both left and right sides. Is that not true in the UK?

It may not be just you, but it's the worst collected failing list I've heard. Document everything twice. An electrical system may have a fundamental flaw that could be hard to find. I'm not say from experience, my two MX's have been fine, just saying though.

My car had USA rear view mirror, not a UK one!
4 days on after breakdown, still no word of what is wrong!! Terrible customer service in UK

My car died the first week in a store parking lot. Less than 300 miles on the odometer. All sorts of alerts. Had to get it towed but could not wait the 3 hours for the tow driver. Walked the 2-3 miles home carrying my packages I got at the store. After 5 days they called and said pickup your car.

The tech said he has not seen the specific error stream before, but reset the system removing the 1st responder disconnect wire. Waiting 10 seconds. And reconnecting the wire. Apparently the battery computer and another computer were is in disagreement as to the state of the car. He did not think it would every happen again, but showed me how to do it in case I got stranded again. So far it has been 18 months and the problem has not reoccurred.

My car had USA rear view mirror, not a UK one!
4 days on after breakdown, still no word of what is wrong!! Terrible customer service in UK

I am curious. How does one tell a right hand from left hand review mirror?

Also, does anyone use the rearview mirror. Seems pretty useless to me with that big spoiler blocking the rear window and the huge backup camera display