Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x need help from my fellow europeans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bear in mind that even if you do succeed in replacing the SIM card with a local one, you still need to modify the APN (Access Point Name). It is not simply a plug 'n play. Tesla "may" be able to provide you with a temporary code and instructions on how to change the APN, if you agree to sign a waiver. But they may also refuse to do so. Get in touch with the Service Centre in Amman or Dubai, and take it from there. Or just go to your local service centre in Germany and "beg" them (with cookies and donuts) to swap the SIM (it should take them less than 5 minutes).

Good luck and keep us updated.

Bear in mind that even if you do succeed in replacing the SIM card with a local one, you still need to modify the APN (Access Point Name). It is not simply a plug 'n play. Tesla "may" be able to provide you with a temporary code and instructions on how to change the APN, if you agree to sign a waiver. But they may also refuse to do so. Get in touch with the Service Centre in Amman or Dubai, and take it from there. Or just go to your local service centre in Germany and "beg" them (with cookies and donuts) to swap the SIM (it should take them less than 5 minutes).

Good luck and keep us updated.
Honestly if i knew it was that complicated i would have delayed the shipping and waited the three weeks requested to reach my turn by tesla service center in germany to but it is too late car is shipped now. But i am keeping the pressure to get instructions from them.

not every car is exactly the same; some do not allow wifi to be active in drivemode

soms will stay connected when switching from Park to Drive, some will disconnect and not-automatic reconnect to wifi, etc etc
Strange disagree, on the earlier post. I drove for months without mobile connection via a hotspot. Oke, its more handy with but why wasting money in this particular case. Give it a try first?

Not sure if this helps you, SIM card board starts at 8:23:
It is very interesting, thank you. I learned lately that on my car it is indeed under the screen like in this video. All cars build with mcu 2 , meaning starting march 2018 have this location for sim card.
Im still not afraid to do it just need precise instruction on how to take out the screen if anyone knows