Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (new) - lease or buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone new here. Seriously looking to get a new Model X. Wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on which is the best option - buy or lease.

What do you all think? Which is better option for new Model X - lease or buy?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Personal use. Though I will drive it to and from work (@1 hour commute).

Yes always have more uses for my money lol!

In the past I have leased my vehicles as I like getting new ones every 3 years.

For Tesla, I see positives in both leasing and buying.

Thanks

I've had the same consideration. I tend to like leasing so I can get a new vehicle every 3 years or so.. but with the constant software updates & free lifetime supercharging I'm considering purchasing the MX. Any feedback appreciated.

Hey everyone new here. Seriously looking to get a new Model X. Wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on which is the best option - buy or lease.

What do you all think? Which is better option for new Model X - lease or buy?

Thanks!

That's truly a personal question. It's generally not the cheapest.
You also have to look at the things that you can't do to a leased car (or at least have to rip off before turning in)

If you keep a car for a short time, it may be worth it.

Yeah you can’t really change anything on the car if you lease... that includes any extra window tents which some swear by as a necessity. You also get lifelong super charging.

However with leasing you don’t have to spend money to wrap or worry about small paint damages. Plus when new hardware updates come (or come back as ventilated seats for example) you’ll be able to get a new Tesla at end of your lease.

So I see advantages for both. Still don’t know which is best for Tesla X though. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks