Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X New Orleans area tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey New Orleans owners! My dad lives near Biloxi, MS and nearly bought a Tesla a couple weeks ago until he realized that the New Orleans service center has been "coming soon" since 2014 so his next closest service center is 400 miles away. How do Ranger costs work out in your area? Is it priced based on the number of miles they have to drive from New Orleans since there are a couple stationed there? I want to make sure he isn't looking at $1000+ fees to get warranty work done.

I really don't want to speak for Tesla or the Service Team in New Orleans because I'm sure they have some discretion but, in general, if you are not in the metro-New Orleans area then it is $3 a mile (one way only charge) from New Orleans for the Ranger(s) to come to you.

Mike

Just had my X fully wrapped in Xpel Stealth Satin Film!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I cant seem to figure out how to post pictures utilizing the add image button, so there are the links!

Oh and I also finally had my 14-50 outlet installed and wow it is so much faster charging as compared to over the standard 110 outlet!
r4JgcN2
r4JgcN2

Last edited:
Just had my X fully wrapped in Xpel Stealth Satin Film!

I cant seem to figure out how to post pictures utilizing the add image button, so there are the links!

Oh and I also finally had my 14-50 outlet installed and wow it is so much faster charging as compared to over the standard 110 outlet!
r4JgcN2
r4JgcN2
Select the 7th icon from the right (the one that looks like a sun and mountain). Then paste the full URL, including .jpg extension. In imgur, you need to go to the actual image with all forms of access or just manually add the ".jpg" extension. This way works best. Let me show you...
cyfc26Q.jpg

r4JgcN2.jpg

I might be the only Louisiana owner who thought that we can get a 8,000+ state tax credit for buying a Tesla. Talked to my cpa and the max we can get for state tax credit is 3,000. Don't know why the tesla website haven't updated their information regarding this.

I might be the only Louisiana owner who thought that we can get a 8,000+ state tax credit for buying a Tesla. Talked to my cpa and the max we can get for state tax credit is 3,000. Don't know why the tesla website haven't updated their information regarding this.

I don't believe your CPA is correct.

Show him the attached letter - hard to believe the Model S would get such a big credit and the Model X not.

Mike

Attachments

• Louisiana MY2016 Model S90 Tax Credit Customer Letter.pdf
    209.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: bushburner
does that 10k include federal and state tax credit or just state tax credit alone?

That is just Louisiana. And it is a "Refundable Tax Credit" meaning you don't need to owe that much to get the rebate. The Federal $7,500 is separate deal and offsets what you owe.

I would try and call the contact listed in the letter and see if they made a determination on the Model X. The $3,000 is a "generic" amount you can claim where no other determination has been made.

Mike