Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X new spoiler cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi gang...so I had a senior moment yesterday (loud music, yelling at kids, Joe Mode on) and scratched the hell out of my spoiler on the Model X while parking in the garage. Yes...I'm an idiot. Be that as it may...I'm trying to figure out if this would be a "body shop" work or Tesla Service Center work. And whether I could buy an aftermarket one and just have Tesla replace it. I think it would probably cost less to replace the whole thing rather than painting/buffing.
Has anyone had to deal with anything similar? I'd like to know how much this will set me back.

Thanks!

Hi gang...so I had a senior moment yesterday (loud music, yelling at kids, Joe Mode on) and scratched the hell out of my spoiler on the Model X while parking in the garage. Yes...I'm an idiot. Be that as it may...I'm trying to figure out if this would be a "body shop" work or Tesla Service Center work. And whether I could buy an aftermarket one and just have Tesla replace it. I think it would probably cost less to replace the whole thing rather than painting/buffing.
Has anyone had to deal with anything similar? I'd like to know how much this will set me back.

Thanks!

Only thing I can tell ya is I can guarantee Tesla won't touch a 3rd party part.

Thanks!
I just had the spoiler replacement quoted by the local Tesla service center. Parts are around $400. Paint ~$300. Labor another $400. Total quote was $1130 + tax.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj