Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - No Dashcam Icon

PaulyV408

Jan 27, 2021
Bay Area
Hey guys! I have a 2017 Model X that I bought recently, and for some reason the DashCam icon is not showing up. I'm using a Samsung 256gb USB drive. I made sure it is formatted in FAT32 and that there is a TeslaCam folder. The drive isn't partitioned or anything. Even with all of this, there is still no Dashcam icon appearing. Can anyone guide me in the right direction here? I'm afraid something will happen to the car (or while driving) and I won't have any footage of the incident. Thank you!

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
2017 Model X

Please go to your car's screen and click on the "software" menu to see what kind of MCU that you have.

If it's Nvidia Tegra, then it's MCU1. I don't think you can have dash cam without upgrading your hardware to either MCU1 with HW3.0 (for front recording only) or MCU2 with HW3.0 (for front, 2 sides, and rear view recording)

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
Hey guys! I have a 2017 Model X that I bought recently, and for some reason the DashCam icon is not showing up. I'm using a Samsung 256gb USB drive. I made sure it is formatted in FAT32 and that there is a TeslaCam folder. The drive isn't partitioned or anything. Even with all of this, there is still no Dashcam icon appearing. Can anyone guide me in the right direction here? I'm afraid something will happen to the car (or while driving) and I won't have any footage of the incident. Thank you!
I have a 2017 X and did the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade for $2500 and it was very well worth the prices for how it performs and the features you get.

It is $1500 now. Tesla slashes Model S and Model X infotainment upgrade price by 40%

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC