Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - No Dashcam Icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! I have a 2017 Model X that I bought recently, and for some reason the DashCam icon is not showing up. I'm using a Samsung 256gb USB drive. I made sure it is formatted in FAT32 and that there is a TeslaCam folder. The drive isn't partitioned or anything. Even with all of this, there is still no Dashcam icon appearing. Can anyone guide me in the right direction here? I'm afraid something will happen to the car (or while driving) and I won't have any footage of the incident. Thank you!

Hey guys! I have a 2017 Model X that I bought recently, and for some reason the DashCam icon is not showing up. I'm using a Samsung 256gb USB drive. I made sure it is formatted in FAT32 and that there is a TeslaCam folder. The drive isn't partitioned or anything. Even with all of this, there is still no Dashcam icon appearing. Can anyone guide me in the right direction here? I'm afraid something will happen to the car (or while driving) and I won't have any footage of the incident. Thank you!
I have a 2017 X and did the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade for $2500 and it was very well worth the prices for how it performs and the features you get.

It is $1500 now. Tesla slashes Model S and Model X infotainment upgrade price by 40%