Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X no heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
Woke up this morning and all of a sudden my X has no cabin heat. I have read online that people have had issues with an electrical connector for the heater. I assume they mean the electrical connection for the heater core. Can anyone tell me where that electrical connector is located? I would like to check it before having to schedule an appt with service. Thanks in advance.

My X has done that multiple times - heat just quits working. A reboot by holding down the two steering wheel buttons has always brought it back to life.
I got the new 2021.4.3 update this morning and my heat wasn’t working well (blowing cool air when set to HI) when I took it out for a drive (it’s in the mid-20F here today). After about 15 minutes, my screen went blank and rebooted itself (no help from me) and my heat started working fine. Either a happy accident or a smart car.

I got the new 2021.4.3 update this morning and my heat wasn’t working well (blowing cool air when set to HI) when I took it out for a drive (it’s in the mid-20F here today). After about 15 minutes, my screen went blank and rebooted itself (no help from me) and my heat started working fine. Either a happy accident or a smart car.
Things like this are why I always fully reboot (brake down + steering wheel buttons) after an update. After adopting this policy I not experienced any of these "just updated" issues.