Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Noise Rattle Problem - Fixed @ San Francisco Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Dec 17 MX 100D. Since I've owned the car there was this slight creaky sound coming from around the glove box - dash area on the passenger side. (I think someone else here on these threads posted something similar) It would make this creak sound as if either something was too tight, or too loose. It was hard to tell. I had removed anything I had in the glove box, thinking it was something that simple that may have been causing the sound and it wasn't but I thought it would go away on its own over time. I didn't feel it was really a big deal but fast forward a year, the sound was still there and really started to become annoying. I'm usually okay with small things here and there but it just got to be a PITA every time I drove, ran over a small crease or pot hole or even just come to a stop.

I finally decided to take it in for service. It took about 1 week to get fixed. The entire dash was removed and several rounds of road tests were done to mitigate issues and isolate the problem. Turned out it was an issue associated with the build from the factory. Anyhow, the guys at San Francisco Tesla did a magnificent job with it. It was a relief to get fixed. Special thanks to Teo and the entire SF Tesla service team deserves a big thank you! :)

IMG_0767.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg