Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - non-driver doors won't open from the outside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know why my 2017 Model X 90D refuses to open non-driver doors from the outside?

The driver door auto-unlock works fine - I walk up to the car, the door pops open, and I get in. My family then follow me, push the buttons on the passenger and/or falcon wing doors, and they refuse to open. I have to open them either with the fob, or with the touchscreen.

It's been like this for a while, and it's getting really tedious. Has anyone else experienced this, and possibly know of a fix? Any help much appreciated!

Does anyone know why my 2017 Model X 90D refuses to open non-driver doors from the outside?

The driver door auto-unlock works fine - I walk up to the car, the door pops open, and I get in. My family then follow me, push the buttons on the passenger and/or falcon wing doors, and they refuse to open. I have to open them either with the fob, or with the touchscreen.

It's been like this for a while, and it's getting really tedious. Has anyone else experienced this, and possibly know of a fix? Any help much appreciated!
Check your settings for locks. I can't look right now but as I remember there is a setting to unlock just the driver door or all doors.
Also, I believe you can press the key FOB twice to unlock/open the passenger door.

Reactions: Bigriver
Has anyone had success procuring this part (the right front door latch actuator) from a Service Center? I see used ones sold on eBay for above retail price, which leads me to believe they are likely hard to source from local SC parts departments. Other have mentioned they are often back ordered. Yes, I will try to reach someone at the SC later today, just curious what to expect.

Has anyone had success procuring this part (the right front door latch actuator) from a Service Center? I see used ones sold on eBay for above retail price, which leads me to believe they are likely hard to source from local SC parts departments. Other have mentioned they are often back ordered. Yes, I will try to reach someone at the SC later today, just curious what to expect.
My passenger door only opened from the inside for a while but I could see the door trying to push itself open. $12 actuator from the dealership, YouTube video to remove the doorpanel and fixed it myself literally in the parking lot.

I am having the same exact problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Any solution for it? Mine sometimes work sometimes not.

OP unfortunately never followed up but if its all 3 doors besides the driver than most likely a setting issue..
if its only say a passenger door then it could be a dead outside button...
also for OP, when did the problem start? that's always the first step in identifying or narrowing down what caused it.

Hey folks! Apologies, I've not been on the forum much after deferring/cancelling my MYP.

It was a setting. I can't remember the exact name of the setting, but the child lock one rings a bell. Next time I'm in the car I'll try to remember to check. Whatever the setting was, it didn't work as I expected it to!

I also had further issues with my driver door not opening due to a mechanical failure, which I had to get fixed at a service centre.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Has anyone ever had a door not able to open even manually from inside the car?
didn't happen to me but there's actual cable connected to inside handle
if ur handle moves freely without resistance then maybe just cable came off or something like that
other than that, i'd think its an issue with latch itself..

1671477684395.png

Reactions: IXIXI