Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Non Staggered setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried 20 X 9 inch slipstreams with 275 /45 R20 on front and rear.

According to my calculations this should work for as a non staggered setup for model x

The 275 / 45R 20 tire will not fit on the front if mounted on the original 9.5 inch rear slipstream wheel but it will fit mounted on the stock 9 inch front slipstreams.

With the 275s on all wheels the load requirements are met and the tires are able to be rotated for mileage warranty

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum

According to my calculations this should work for as a non staggered setup for model x

The 275 / 45R 20 tire will not fit on the front if mounted on the original 9.5 inch rear slipstream wheel but it will fit mounted on the stock 9 inch front slipstreams.

With the 275s on all wheels the load requirements are met and the tires are able to be rotated for mileage warranty

Does anyone know if this would work

I own 2 pairs of the 9in rims too. Was thinking I would go non staggered too. Was planning to use 265/50-20 though.
Why don't you use 265/45-20?

I own 2 pairs of the 9in rims too. Was thinking I would go non staggered too. Was planning to use 265/50-20 though.

The 265/50-20 is wider and larger in diameter than the 275/45-20.

detdds, I'm running exactly what you asked in your original post. 20 x 9 inch rims from TSportline all the way around and 275/45R-20 Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires from TireRack. This setup works well. I have 21K miles on the tires now and have been rotating them every 6-8K miles. Here's what the car looks like.
IMG_4046.jpg

Reactions: VikH and mswlogo
I don't have much data on this. I drove for 15K miles on the staggered stock configuration, then swapped. I didn't monitor range too closely. We also then went into winter (in DC) where weather impacts range. I've driven quite a bit, up and down the east coast from DC to Orlando, or to Nashville, and up to NY, etc. Haven't felt there was much decrease. Although, I'm toying with the idea of going 265/45 R20 all the way around for my next set to see if there are any appreciable differences. I don't have calipers, so can't measure exactly, but putting the Stock wheels/tires side by side, don't see a huge difference in width. On the left (265/45 R20) and on the right is the rear (275/45 R20).
IMG_5181e.jpg

detdds, I'm running exactly what you asked in your original post. 20 x 9 inch rims from TSportline all the way around and 275/45R-20 Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires from TireRack. This setup works well. I have 21K miles on the tires now and have been rotating them every 6-8K miles. Here's what the car looks like. View attachment 402783

Thanks for the picture. How many miles so far your tires?

detdds, I'm running exactly what you asked in your original post. 20 x 9 inch rims from TSportline all the way around and 275/45R-20 Continental CrossContact LX Sport tires from TireRack. This setup works well. I have 21K miles on the tires now and have been rotating them every 6-8K miles. Here's what the car looks like. View attachment 402783

I meant to ask how much tread do you have left on your tires? Sorry

Thinking of doing the exact same setup with winter tires. 9x20 all the way around with 275/45r20 winter tires. Has anyone else done this configuration? Any issues or recommendations?