Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X November Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless those who opt not to pay for EAP have their deliveries delayed as punishment from holding back. Especially if only a few people hold back on EAP upgrade, they will be an annoyance.
My concern was more about if the new hardware was causing the delays. If we had not gone with the EAP upgrade I was told we would have gotten the AP1 hardware (since we were right on the threshhold) and maybe that was more ready to go.

Sorry, that's a lot further behind that I thought @knightrider and @mully. Hopefully they get started sooner than that.

Even though I was assigned a VIN on 10/4, I assume the priority in the queue is based on the original order date of 8/28.....

I wonder how some of you got into production already. I'm still in the queue although I did push my delivery for end of November I have not gotten my confirmation yet. My DS mentioned that mines expected to come either the first or second week of December it can be sooner or later.

8/9: ordered MX60D 7 seater.
8/16: confirmed
8/18:VIN confirmed with expected date End November beginning December. VIN 17XXX.
10/31: upgraded AP2.0

Mines still says in production queue.... my DS also mentioned that I should start applying for the loan mid November but I'm kinda nervous because I have not gotten my confirmation of production yet. I don't want to reapply if I only can lock into the rate for 30 days. Maybe I'm becoming inpatient lol.

Oct 3rd ordered P90D 6 seat
Oct 11th Cancelled minutes before confirming (had a good feeling AP was being announced and pulled it)
Oct 12th re-ordered
Oct 19th confirmed AP2 upgrade included.
Oct 20th confirmed
Oct 25th stated late nov - dec delivery at freemont
Nov 8th updated to mid - late dec delivery (dont foresee it slipping past EOY)

Based on everyone else's posts thus far I'm thinking I'll hit production around Dec 1 and pick it up mid december.

VIN 26xxx

Reactions: pchengMX
Spoke with my DS today, I asked if there were any delays.

He said, he has heard of a little slow down because of the new changes but my December delivery is still on track.

He said it's expected to go into production the last week in November and should be delivered mid December.

I'm planning to start the financing December 1st

MX60D
VIN 25xxx

He said, he has heard of a little slow down because of the new changes but my December delivery is still on track.

He said it's expected to go into production the last week in November and should be delivered mid December.

MX60D
VIN 25xxx
How far did you originally push your delivery till? Good to know I'm not the only one thinking about this. I'm guessing mines will go out the same time as yours?

One other thing off topic, I was at a TESLA store and speaking with one of the sales guy and he had said there was an update of the new software update and that it's a little head of schedule hoping it's related to the new suite which I'm expecting it to most likely be.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mjølner
How far did you originally push your delivery till? Good to know I'm not the only one thinking about this. I'm guessing mines will go out the same time as yours?

One other thing off topic, I was at a TESLA store and speaking with one of the sales guy and he had said there was an update of the new software update and that it's a little head of schedule hoping it's related to the new suite which I'm expecting it to most likely be.

Confirmed in September.

Yeah my DS also mentioned the software update was a little ahead of schedule wasn't sure what that meant

MX60D
VIN 25xxx

That may explain why my MX60D is still in production even after 7 days! Back in September with the end of quarter rush, I thought they were churning them out in 3-4 days. Mine went into production last Wednesday and still going. Hopefully they will do a really thorough job on QA, I dont mind waiting another week! :)

That may explain why my MX60D is still in production even after 7 days! Back in September with the end of quarter rush, I thought they were churning them out in 3-4 days. Mine went into production last Wednesday and still going. Hopefully they will do a really thorough job on QA, I dont mind waiting another week! :)

Agreed, that end of quarter rush also had a lot of that back trim issues with the FWD it seems so I am hoping they do a better job at this last quarter and not rushing it. I passed by my local SC yesterday and there was 3 MX covered so there is some deliveries they just may not be on this forum. Dam I sound like a stalker lol!

Or maybe it's our 60D are being assembled the same time? I'm sure there's not much of us still around. There's was quite a few of the 60D pushed on the 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: gastowatts
Hey guys, just signed up, been lurking for past few weeks while I made my decision on the MX. I chose the 90D with PUP, UHFS, subzero, EAP, self driving packages. I'm very excited for my car can't wait. This forum has so much good info my brain is in overload trying to take it all in.

11/11/16 - Order placed and $2500 deposit put down
11/16/116 - Confirmed and got VIN assigned today. Also spoke with my DS that I wanted my deliver before Dec 23rd because I'm leaving for vacation for couple weeks she added the notes on my account to reflect that.

Hey guys, just signed up, been lurking for past few weeks while I made my decision on the MX. I chose the 90D with PUP, UHFS, subzero, EAP, self driving packages. I'm very excited for my car can't wait. This forum has so much good info my brain is in overload trying to take it all in.

11/16/116 - Confirmed and got VIN assigned today. Also spoke with my DS that I wanted my deliver before Dec 23rd because I'm leaving for vacation for couple weeks she added the notes on my account to reflect that.
Nice, congrats! Would you mind sharing the first 3 digits of the last 5 numbers of your VIN? e.g., 288xx

We have both an S and X on order because my wife just wanted to try the X when I dropped off the demo S, and well we ended up with one of each an S 75D and an X 90D.

S 75D
10/18/16 - Placed order
10/24/16 - Confirmed and got VIN 708XX

X 90D

11/6/16 - Placed order
11/13/16 - Confirmed and got VIN 298XX

According to DS both should show up in Denver second week in Dec.

We have both an S and X on order because my wife just wanted to try the X when I dropped off the demo S, and well we ended up with one of each an S 75D and an X 90D.

S 75D
10/18/16 - Placed order
10/24/16 - Confirmed and got VIN 708XX

X 90D

11/6/16 - Placed order
11/13/16 - Confirmed and got VIN 298XX

According to DS both should show up in Denver second week in Dec.

hey @Bryantclan your DS said that your X90D confirmed on 11/13 would be delivered to you in 2nd week of December? I kind of think that would be difficult, considering we have people here with VIN 24xxx and 25xxx confirmed in October, still waiting and being told they will get their Xs mid to late December. You might want to confirm with him again. May be your S might show up in mid December.

Congratulations though! :)

MX 90D
Ordered 9/16/16
Confirmed 9/23/16...VIN was assigned to by the next day: 22XXX
Production Began 10/12/16
Emailed about the upgrade to AP 2.0 after the 10/19 announcement. I was told my MX would have AP1 and they would be finished with it soon. I decided it was better to get my MX sooner than later, so I didn't push for the upgrade. Not sure if it's worth the hassle anyway.
11/16...or 11/17 now and still haven't received notification that my vehicle is out of production...

The cars with 24 and 25 VIN's are delayed 5 seaters, no?

I confirmed an X90D on 10/17, VIN 254XX, and production hasn't started yet. Been told it will be produced "this month".

I do agree a 29 VIN confirmed only 3 days ago seems highly unlikely to be delivered in less than 4 weeks, especially with Thanksgiving in there. It's also fascinating if they went from 25XXX to 29XXX VIN's in 30 days. That's a production rate of almost 50K X's a year and 130 a day.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV
hey @Bryantclan your DS said that your X90D confirmed on 11/13 would be delivered to you in 2nd week of December? I kind of think that would be difficult, considering we have people here with VIN 24xxx and 25xxx confirmed in October, still waiting and being told they will get their Xs mid to late December. You might want to confirm with him again. May be your S might show up in mid December.

Congratulations though! :)
I will add to that -- Unless there is just something about my configuration that is throwing Tesla off, I don't see how anyone is going to receive any of their vehicles (custom ordered ones) within 1 month. However, I spoke with a 60D driver who said she custom ordered hers and it only took her about a month to take delivery. I was stunned!

What did they say when you requested for December 23rd delivery? Considering a lot of us hasn't even gone into production I'm curious if they will be able to confirm delivery by that time. I have a feeling they are not in so much of a rush this time around compared to 3rd quarter rush. Did you get the delivery e mail giving you an estimate time frame it will be delivered from Tesla? Last I spoke to the sales guy at the store he said turn around is still 6-8 weeks. So you might luck out before end of the year?

Also Congrats!!!

MX 90D
Ordered 9/16/16
Confirmed 9/23/16...VIN was assigned to by the next day: 22XXX
Production Began 10/12/16
Emailed about the upgrade to AP 2.0 after the 10/19 announcement. I was told my MX would have AP1 and they would be finished with it soon. I decided it was better to get my MX sooner than later, so I didn't push for the upgrade. Not sure if it's worth the hassle anyway.
11/16...or 11/17 now and still haven't received notification that my vehicle is out of production...
Have you tried contacting your DS? Being in September I wonder how you miss even the end of quarter rush?
If it's still in production I would try to ask if it's possible that you can get the upgrade since you've been in production for over a month now...