TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X, Now Taking Reservations?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jeff N, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

They've been taking reservations for a couple of years now...

2. timf

timf Member

I'm not sure why they find it newsworthy and declare features "confirmed" just because Tesla deleted a bunch of details from their website and left a simplistic teaser page. By that token, since they left up the original concept picture with camera mirrors, shouldn't they be declaring "Confirmed: Model X to have cameras for rear view mirrors"?

3. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Active Member

I agree "confirmed" is too much. However, it isn't completely unrealistic to assume this teaser was developed together with the eventual new Model X site, if launch is nearby. Hence it also would be possible they would have removed the 60 kWh mentions etc. if they were unsure and/or about to remove them.

I haven't seen any reason to believe 60 kWh Model X won't come, no matter how popular that belief is on TMC. I guess the only reason to suggest it would be gone is that there is no AWD 60 kWh Model S and that Tesla's 200+ mile baseline might be threatened with an AWD 60 kWh Model X, but that is just speculation.

I'm leaning on there being a 60 kWh Model X and this update being further confirmation of that, but I agree it is not a complete confirmation because there is still the chance the web team is in the dark.