Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X OEM Swiveling Screen Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone with the swivel screen pull the finish panel off right be low the screen and please take a picture and figure out where the motor wires are going? We need to know if our recent cars that don't have it at least have the harness connectors to drive the motors.

The panel comes right off without any tools.

Can someone with the swivel screen pull the finish panel off right be low the screen and please take a picture and figure out where the motor wires are going? We need to know if our recent cars that don't have it at least have the harness connectors to drive the motors.

The panel comes right off without any tools.
The pre-tilt build appears to have the wiring harnesses ran and taped-off, but we can't be 100% sure they're the correct wires without more investigation (and comparison with a post-tilt build): S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

I’m not sure I really understand this anymore. I’m so over it. The car is absolutely gorgeous. The non swivel screen is gorgeous. It’s fine everyone. Relax. No swivel no problem. There will always be hardware updates. Enjoy the car!! Because your ruining it for yourselves. If you want it that bad, or the matrix headlights, or whatever, place another order now and in a year upgrade. But make sure when you take delivery of that next upgrade, order another one. Because this pattern will keep repeating. Enjoy what you have and just have fun and enjoy!

I’m not sure I really understand this anymore. I’m so over it. The car is absolutely gorgeous. The non swivel screen is gorgeous. It’s fine everyone. Relax. No swivel no problem. There will always be hardware updates. Enjoy the car!! Because your ruining it for yourselves. If you want it that bad, or the matrix headlights, or whatever, place another order now and in a year upgrade. But make sure when you take delivery of that next upgrade, order another one. Because this pattern will keep repeating. Enjoy what you have and just have fun and enjoy!
Agreed. It’s disappointing but not a big deal. This is what makes Tesla unique. Regular software/hardware upgrades unlike traditional automakers who make these minor upgrades on yearly basis to attract new buyers. I don’t have a swivel screen(would I love one, you bet!) but still car is phenomenal. I have said it before and will say it again. No other SUV comes close

This is my second X (replacing 2017 model). My new X Plaid came in 2 weeks ago. I have barely been in it yet because the plan was to get PPF for front third of car, Modesta ceramic coating for entire car, and 30% tint driver and passenger side windows. I noticed the tiniest - and I mean absolutely tiniest - pebble ding on hood of car upon my full microscopic at-home delivery inspection. That was enough to keep it parked for 3 days until my appointment for the above work - I didn't want to touch it or risk another ding until it was protected!

Well I just got it back and it looks insanely gorgeous - and I timed the service appointment perfectly for the two fit and finish items I noted at delivery (only 2 issues, but real issues and not picky stuff - more on that when I create my "new car" thread soon). So now my car is docked at the mothership and I am anxiously awaiting its return.

Why do I say the above? Because I am OCD, particularly with cars. I even use filtered water to hand wash my cars to remove the minerals that cause water spots. So when I got the car back from the auto spa, and after reading this thread during the week it was away, I looked so carefully at the screen to confirm I did not have the swivel. The screen is snuggly embedded in the dash, it looks freakin amazing, and I am telling you guys - telling you - it is more than FINE. Trust me - I am an internet stranger and internet strangers are never wrong. :--)

The big issue is Tesla is always changing their cars. They are updated like software, not like traditional cars. No model year tie to updates. The one built one day will have features the car built the day before did not. And these can be big changes like complete replacement of the MCU processors or interior colors. There are always more features and upgrades. You have to wait forever, or buy new cars very often, to ensure you have the latest features.

Reactions: EV3_
This is my second X (replacing 2017 model). My new X Plaid came in 2 weeks ago. I have barely been in it yet because the plan was to get PPF for front third of car, Modesta ceramic coating for entire car, and 30% tint driver and passenger side windows. I noticed the tiniest - and I mean absolutely tiniest - pebble ding on hood of car upon my full microscopic at-home delivery inspection. That was enough to keep it parked for 3 days until my appointment for the above work - I didn't want to touch it or risk another ding until it was protected!

Well I just got it back and it looks insanely gorgeous - and I timed the service appointment perfectly for the two fit and finish items I noted at delivery (only 2 issues, but real issues and not picky stuff - more on that when I create my "new car" thread soon). So now my car is docked at the mothership and I am anxiously awaiting its return.

Why do I say the above? Because I am OCD, particularly with cars. I even use filtered water to hand wash my cars to remove the minerals that cause water spots. So when I got the car back from the auto spa, and after reading this thread during the week it was away, I looked so carefully at the screen to confirm I did not have the swivel. The screen is snuggly embedded in the dash, it looks freakin amazing, and I am telling you guys - telling you - it is more than FINE. Trust me - I am an internet stranger and internet strangers are never wrong. :--)
Hey all - here is my take on this. I HEAR you all on that this is not a big deal…but I literally took delivery of my Red Model X Plaid on April 24th. And right that moment they were putting swivel screens inside the other cars in the Factory while I was naively gushing over my car without the swivel screen - without knowing what was coming in 2 days!

I was VERY focused on the matrix lights, I still am and for that reason I went ahead and placed an order of BLUE Model X Plaid and hopefully take delivery next year Feb/ March timeframe. And that will hopefully have not only the swivel screen but the matrix lights also.

Currently I have a blue Model Y LR and now this Red Model X Plaid.. I also have a Red Model Y performance on order so I hope to switch both my Y and the X early next year so I have a red Model Y performance and a blue Model X Plaid.

I should be happy and just move on, but somehow I just can’t get over my current Model X Plaid not having swivel screen when literally two days later LR Model X cars were being installed with the swivel screen.

My friends are asking me to join AA meetings (Automobile Anonymous) 🙄 but I don’t know how to get over this absolutely disappointing feeling of not having swivel!

It’s one thing to have a non-swivel X now, in your possession. I get it. I’m sure it’s great.

It’s another thing entirely to have a non-swivel VIN (339 in my case) stuck at Fremont since early April, with an EDD of TBD, and literally no one at Tesla can explain what’s going on.

I don’t mind waiting… so long I get a relatively fresh VIN. This situation sucks.

It’s one thing to have a non-swivel X now, in your possession. I get it. I’m sure it’s great.

It’s another thing entirely to have a non-swivel VIN (339 in my case) stuck at Fremont since early April, with an EDD of TBD, and literally no one at Tesla can explain what’s going on.

I don’t mind waiting… so long I get a relatively fresh VIN. This situation sucks.
Try and get a hold of a manager. I had to call nonstop for 3-4 days to finally get connected to a manager. As soon as I got a hold of a manager, the car was finally shipped from Fremont within 1 day. I spoke to Emma at Tesla Fremont and she was an amazing help. She basically told me that all the information I received over the past 2 weeks was incorrect and the vehicle was waiting for a part; she assured me the part would be added and vehicle completed and transported within 48 hours and even assured me that I would be able to take delivery by May 18 at the latest.

Reactions: mix261
Try and get a hold of a manager. I had to call nonstop for 3-4 days to finally get connected to a manager. As soon as I got a hold of a manager, the car was finally shipped from Fremont within 1 day. I spoke to Emma at Tesla Fremont and she was an amazing help. She basically told me that all the information I received over the past 2 weeks was incorrect and the vehicle was waiting for a part; she assured me the part would be added and vehicle completed and transported within 48 hours and even assured me that I would be able to take delivery by May 18 at the latest.
So I need to go full Karen? :) TBH I'd rather drop this VIN if it was at all possible. I'm seeing VINs delivered to my area that have SN's 1000-3000 higher than mine. Not crazy about having a car sitting around that long. But I've already rejected one or two (depending on how you count them). Even more if you include the glitches in the system. So potentially at high risk of a cancelation (but I've never seen that warning e-mail some have cited).

I'd really like to find someone who can override the system or at least knows for sure how it would react to whatever options I have. I have yet to find this person, if they exist.

Thanks for the advice regardless.

Last edited: