Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X OEM Swiveling Screen Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I need to go full Karen? :) TBH I'd rather drop this VIN if it was at all possible. I'm seeing VINs delivered to my area that have SN's 1000-3000 higher than mine. Not crazy about having a car sitting around that long. But I've already rejected one or two (depending on how you count them). Even more if you include the glitches in the system. So potentially at high risk of a cancelation (but I've never seen that warning e-mail some have cited).

I'd really like to find someone who can override the system or at least knows for sure how it would react to whatever options I have. I have yet to find this person, if they exist.

Thanks for the advice regardless.
Ya honestly I had the same idea of potentially cancelling but I don’t want to risk not getting assigned another VIN for multiple months. I’ve seen cars being delivered with VIN 342xxx, mine 3410xx has also been sitting around for a while but I finally got some movement and will accept it as long as no major issues. Think about the price we got when ordering vs the price the car is at now.

Reactions: Great White
Haha been part of it for almost 10 years now but one can always hope! Maybe a newer loaner car at least :)
Thank you for the positive attitude and supportive words!
I am actually really enjoying the loaner. I have been driving my new X like an old man. My wife usually complains that I drive too fast but now she complains that I drive too slow! Yes, I am trying to get my safety score to 100 so I can get my FSD!!!
So I am driving the loaner like it deserves to be driven, hard and fast!
And I have free super charging so it is costing me NOTHING to drive this car.
Also, the seats are real leather and beyond that much more comfortable than the seats in my new X and I now realize I prefer the vertical screen over the new horizontal screen and I prefer the screen behind the steering wheel to the new binnacle screen.

Thank you for the positive attitude and supportive words!
I am actually really enjoying the loaner. I have been driving my new X like an old man. My wife usually complains that I drive too fast but now she complains that I drive too slow! Yes, I am trying to get my safety score to 100 so I can get my FSD!!!
So I am driving the loaner like it deserves to be driven, hard and fast!
And I have free super charging so it is costing me NOTHING to drive this car.
Also, the seats are real leather and beyond that much more comfortable than the seats in my new X and I now realize I prefer the vertical screen over the new horizontal screen and I prefer the screen behind the steering wheel to the new binnacle screen.
Sounds like you don’t want your car back at all 😂

Reactions: Great White
I can't tell if the noises I am hearing is the stock market crashing or the resale value plummeting of my MXLR non-swivel screen/non-matrix lights.
But; I have the new charge port.......:oops:. Guess I will just have to enjoy the car as it is 😍.
There is still hope for the swivel. Either after market mod or Tesla provided upgrade or maybe DIY even if its a fixed position, so don't dispair. As far as resale, I am sure either of us could make money on our MX right now if we were to sell.

Reactions: JimBob 909
I can't tell if the noises I am hearing is the stock market crashing or the resale value plummeting of my MXLR non-swivel screen/non-matrix lights.
But; I have the new charge port.......:oops:. Guess I will just have to enjoy the car as it is 😍.
But if people start enjoying their cars they will also miss out on the new additions they add during this summer and fall. The only way to have the latest and greatest is to buy often. Too many people complaining and not re-ordering is the problem.

As a Tesla and Apple stockholder, I appreciate their desire to never be satisfied with the tech or cars they have.:D

Took delivery of my MX Plaid about an hour ago. It does have the "swivel" screen. VIN #3412xx - build date 4/22
thumbnail

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 190
Moderator note: Changed the thread title to reflect the new Model S/X screen feature is actually for swiveling, not tilting.

Now that it's confirmed that the tilted screens for S/X are real, and we have deliveries happening, I thought it might be useful to collect data in one place.

Hopefully together we can answer some questions:

1. What's the earliest X VIN delivery that we've been able to confirm has the motorized tilting functionality enabled?

2. What software version are they on?

3. Are there cars in the fleet that are already delivered that have this motor but are NOT enabled yet? If so, what's the earliest VIN for these cars?

4. Any sign that Tesla will offer a retrofit program (anecdote from a SA or something)?

As far as I can tell, for #1 the earliest X VINs that I've seen confirmation on have all been 34xxxx and above. But if anyone has seen anyone report a lower VIN, please let us know and I'll update the answers here in the top comment.
Have not taken delivery of my MXP yet but the delivery team checked and confirmed for me that mine will have swivel screen and that this began getting added around the beginning of April. My VIN is 339xxx. Picking up Friday will try to remember to come back and confirm.

Reactions: mix261
Have not taken delivery of my MXP yet but the delivery team checked and confirmed for me that mine will have swivel screen and that this began getting added around the beginning of April. My VIN is 339xxx. Picking up Friday will try to remember to come back and confirm.
Please report back. I have 3396xx coming, curious to know. No biggie if it doesn't for me. I will probably manually adjust.

Edit: Looks like someone else on here already got theirs with 3396xx and it did not.