Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X OEM Swiveling Screen Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please report back. I have 3396xx coming, curious to know. No biggie if it doesn't for me. I will probably manually adjust.

Edit: Looks like someone else on here already got theirs with 3396xx and it did not.

anybody homies with an SC manager and can ask about news of a potential retrofit yet? :cool:

Any news on a retrofit?
Took delivery today of MXP and it did not come with swivel screen. Service manager @ KCMO DC advised our 3395xx was built 4/18 and swivel screens began being installed 4/22. Missed it by just a hair. I asked about the possibility of a retrofit and the service manager advised official Tesla messaging is no retrofit, but that they are expecting a retrofit at some point as most other screen upgrades were given a green light for retrofit after originally not being available.

I just took delivery of my S with the swivel screen. It’s nice, but it’s by no means essential. For those X owners that just missed out I’d not lose any sleep over it that’s for sure.

Attachments

• 90436DEB-3B18-4680-91CF-2DF2823D0426.jpeg
    90436DEB-3B18-4680-91CF-2DF2823D0426.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 223
We picked up our new Model X on May 10th of this year, but it does not seem to have the swivel display. Does anyone know if this will be an OTA update, or will it require a trip to the service center?
I picked up my X March 28th and we are screwed! No swivel love for us from Elon Musk.
My Model X has been in service since April 29th, which was the first available appointment I could get after my March 28 delivery, to correct the numerous issues I discovered at delivery. I went to pick it up yesterday and I still rejected the repairs they had done so far because it is definitely not up to my minimum standards for a new $121K car! (OK I paid "only" $89K, but still...). I asked again about tilt upgrade, retro, etc and was told there is no love for us non tiliting refresh S/X customers.
Also had to laugh when the SA told me they were hoping to have my X ready by this next Tuesday. HAHAHA!!! Especially after the SA told me the items I indidcated needed correcting more than doubled the original size of my repair ticket.

Took delivery today of MXP and it did not come with swivel screen. Service manager @ KCMO DC advised our 3395xx was built 4/18 and swivel screens began being installed 4/22. Missed it by just a hair. I asked about the possibility of a retrofit and the service manager advised official Tesla messaging is no retrofit, but that they are expecting a retrofit at some point as most other screen upgrades were given a green light for retrofit after originally not being available.
This kindles hope for us swivel denied

So the April 15th hold was not for the swivel screen reterofit as some had suggested unless they lied about mine being the first first vehicle to be released from that hold.

Here in the Munro Live video:

You can see the swivel casting. It has the upside down V track that a screw with a urethane bushing would fit into to force it along a specific track.

I pulled the closeout panel right below the screen out (super easy just pulls out by hand) and took a picture. As you can see, I have the same casting without the motors but I don't have the V track as seen in the Munroe video. Did they dispense with the track and just use the two motors to control each side in or out? They could have changed the design like this to make it simpler. It's also possible that the track is not all the way through and that it rides a bushing on the other side that can't be seen. I think I'll stick my worm camera up there and take a look.

Hopefully someone else who has the swivel can pull out the panel and take a photo to see if they also don't have the same through V channel that is shown in the Munroe video.

Half tempted just to remove the two screws, pull the entire panel out, and adjust the passenger side worm gear out so that it's permanently facing me.
View attachment 801008
Check out the Model S threads on this topic. I posted a pictorial ‘how to’ that should be applicable and that is exactly what I and others have done !

Reactions: sorka
So do all the model x's now have the swivel screens as the last person to post was in July?
Or people who do have it, at what vin does are we seeing it?
Thank you!
Everything delivered now has swivel. I think the break over point was somewhere in the 344s. Mine is an early 345 delivered in June and has it. It is kind of a meh feature though. It doesn’t really move very far

Reactions: everydaychris