Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Off Road (A real world review)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well done. How did your paint hold up? I have a 94 landcruiser setup for this type of terrain so even though I hate burning gas I don't think I could take our new X out like this. I've seen first hand the damage done to the side of my landcruiser by gravel/off roads.

Well done. How did your paint hold up? I have a 94 landcruiser setup for this type of terrain so even though I hate burning gas I don't think I could take our new X out like this. I've seen first hand the damage done to the side of my landcruiser by gravel/off roads.

No issues with paint. It was all grassy brush. I didn’t have to squeeze between tree branches. Gravel didn’t give any scratches or dings.

From the factory, it's not the smoothest paint job I've ever had, but given how much negativity there is around the paint quality, it holds up surprisingly well.

I drive on gravel roads almost everyday for about 5 miles - defined but unpaved roads; not trails. The gravel did a number on my Subaru's and left gravel induced rooster tails along the side of the car. So far the paint has held up on the MX despite being subject to the same. (In fairness, they have a fraction of the mileage)

This is what my cars typically look like one day after a full detail - wash/polish/wax. Sometimes I wonder why I bother... (Red is bare, Black is wrapped):

30a62e91-1510-4d16-9a3f-232451d927e0-jpeg.267391

img_3133-jpg.218686

• Informative
Reactions: sub and boelkers