Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X on video in Tesla stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Merrill,
The images were pretty clear. If I had had my iPhone ready, I could have captured the images. I just didn't want to wait the 10 minutes for the whole loop to go through again, as the X part only lasted a minute or so. I wonder if this is showing in all the stores now (this was the Topanga Mall store in northern Los Angeles area).

Ron
What did it look like, the old prototypes or the mules that we have seen lately, maybe I will go to the showroom near me and see if it is there.

I'm mostly siding with Paul Carter. I agree that they won't have Model-X during the founder series cars, but shortly after the Signature Series start rolling, I think they will have demo vehicles. Tesla has often said that the Model-X is mostly geared towards women, and its been my experience (forgive me for generalizing) that most women would not finalize a purchase without seeing the Model-X.

I'll donate to Paul's wager via PayPal (appropriate considering Elon's past connection with it).

I'm mostly siding with Paul Carter. I agree that they won't have Model-X during the founder series cars, but shortly after the Signature Series start rolling, I think they will have demo vehicles. Tesla has often said that the Model-X is mostly geared towards women, and its been my experience (forgive me for generalizing) that most women would not finalize a purchase without seeing the Model-X.

I'll donate to Paul's wager via PayPal (appropriate considering Elon's past connection with it).

Forgive ME for generalizing :), but it's been my experience on this forum that most men would not finalize a purchase without seeing the X first.

But I still believe that the early Sigs will not get even a test drive before finalizing, the majority of the Sigs will get a test drive event, and cars will hit the stores for display in early 2016. Men and their wishiwashiness be damned. :)

I think you are taking Elon's comments about women and the Model X out of context. Elon admitted that the Model S was rather masculine in its design. He mentioned that they considered women much more in designing the Model X. Does this mean the Model X is "geared towards women"? No it means it is geared towards everyone.

And I agree with Bonnie, I think most people in general would not finalize a purchase without seeing the X first. The exception is the people who plopped down 40 grand three years ago. If they haven't cancelled yet .. pretty much aren't going to cancel now ...

Forgive ME for generalizing :), but it's been my experience on this forum that most men would not finalize a purchase without seeing the X first.

But I still believe that the early Sigs will not get even a test drive before finalizing, the majority of the Sigs will get a test drive event, and cars will hit the stores for display in early 2016. Men and their wishiwashiness be damned. :)
Yea so that's the bet. :) Model X Sig holders will test drive it before confirming (or at least have the option).

Could you please define "early". I feel like I'm on the line of "early" Sigs or "other" Sigs.

Last edited:
Just a guess - but my assumption is definitely less than the first 100, probably less than the first 50. I'm sure you'll be able to test drive.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a hard time understanding why Tesla would make any Sig holder buy the car without seeing it or driving it.

They don't 'make anyone buy it', there is always the option to defer. I have no reason to do so.

And this is why we need more members like Bonnie on this forum! :cool:

But am I missing something? It is beginning to sound like we are all beginning to agree on the same thing. :smile:
Maybe the disagreement is actually with the dates that the Signature Models will be released, but it sounds like everybody agrees that most Signature holders will have the option to see/test-drive a Model-X before finalizing.

I think you are taking Elon's comments about women and the Model X out of context. Elon admitted that the Model S was rather masculine in its design. He mentioned that they considered women much more in designing the Model X. Does this mean the Model X is "geared towards women"? No it means it is geared towards everyone.

And I agree with Bonnie, I think most people in general would not finalize a purchase without seeing the X first. The exception is the people who plopped down 40 grand three years ago. If they haven't cancelled yet .. pretty much aren't going to cancel now ...

Being a male Model-X reservation holder, I agree with you CmdrThor. However, Tesla went to great lengths to "include" women in the Model-X. They had quotes during the reveal and on the website like "...carry 7 passengers and all her luggage...". Also, the website only had a single image of a person and it was a female using the falcon doors. Maybe its Tesla's hope that if they over-emphasize the female perspective, they can be more inclusive and friendly towards women in general.

Anyway, I don't mean to further generalize some more, but a lot of men also would need to see/test-drive the Model-X before finalizing, but percentage-wise, more men than women feel comfortable buying a vehicle on specs alone and sight unseen. While I've seen a lot of F150s on the road and in show-rooms, I bought my F150 based on specs over the phone. When I picked it up, I was a wee bit shocked how big it looked due to my decisions (e.g. extended bed, off-road suspension, bigger wheels, etc.).

Last edited:

My local store in Boca Raton says Model X should arrive in October.

So...

A little while ago I stated...

I've received an email a year ago that the Model X would be put into the loaner fleet, be in stores for display and test drives <strong>before</strong> deliveries...

And after a little fun banter with some fellow members, Nigel and Bonnie, wagers with prizes were placed...

I say this:
:isn't going to happen.

... I'll deliver a box of freshly picked mandarin oranges or a large jar of homemade blackberry jam.

We could wager Key Lime Pie against say couple pounds smoked salmon?...

I'd be good with smoked salmon...

Now that the first few deliveries have been made and no X's in store to try out, I would like to congratulate you both on a bet well earned.

Congrats to you both!

Cheers,
Paul