TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X Online Configuration by September.

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Lyon, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Elon Just said it. It's going to happen. Take it to the bank.

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

He said "two to three weeks probably" (slightly mumbling as usual though) so it might be sooner than September. Anyhow, looks like we maybe won't have to wait till end September?

3. Lyon

Yeah, I took his comments to mean that we'd see it online this month.

4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Model X configuring in August

Specifically Elon said on the Q2 conference call, 2-3 weeks from today (Aug 5), so that's August 19 through 26. Meaning maybe end of August! First deliveries still end of September.

But based on what else Elon said, I am personally forecasting not seeing customer deliveries until October or November...

5. ronmerkord

ronmerkord Member

Hey, I already configured mine back in July -- just like he said before.

6. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

Awwww yeaaaaah!

7. A.G.

A.G. Member

When did he say first deliveries would be? I missed that. End of Sept?

8. Lyon

Yes, still on track for deliveries beginning end of Q3.

9. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Man, you guys are a bunch of optimists. I love that.

I've only been following Tesla closely for a month or two, but I believe I know what "two to three weeks probably" means. That extra "probably" is him signaling uncertainty (which doesn't seem to be his bag), so I'd over-emphasize that in my interpretation.

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ha, I don't care. What is certain is that production is getting ready and cars will start being delivered from late September. I'm thinking my car should be sometime around late October/early November which is what I was expecting. :)

11. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Where are the betas? Has Tesla decided to skip them this time around?

12. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

The Beta phase was over months ago. Model X has been in Release Candidate phase since around March, and today's Shareholder letter & Conference call indicated that Release Candidate Model X vehicles had been built on the new assembly line in Fremont.

13. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If the assembly line tooling was just validated last week (one of the reasons for the factory shutdown), then what have we been looking at in all the sightings? Because I seem to recall a few people sure that those were coming off the assembly line. Now we know that wasn't true.

I'm sticking with FrankenCar for now and patiently waiting to see the X:)

14. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Although you know I 100% agree with you that what we see isn't the final X, not being made on the final assembly line doesn't mean what we've been seeing isn't representative of the final product -- though, I still firmly believe it will look different.

15. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Oh absolutely agree that it doesn't mean it MUST be different. Only pointing out that people saying 'that's a production car' on the road and concluding it was the final version, might have to reconsider.

16. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

Release Candidate != Production Car

I don't think we've seen the final product, but I also believe it is highly unlikely that the final product will be substantially different in general appearance from what we've seen in the spy photos and videos. The nose cone and perhaps some of the exterior panel details may be different, but the interior utility and exterior aerodynamic requirements mean that the overall profile simply cannot change.

17. Beryl

Beryl Member

I agree. I've never understood the comments that the looks of Model X would be shockingly different.

18. Bgarret

Bgarret Model S ownin' Michigan scofflaw

What no one knows on this forum (but that I'm sure Elon is taking into account) is that my birthday is on the 17th - so reveal announcement on August - 17th, reveal event and design studio open on the 26th or 27th.

There, done now, plan accordingly. If you are booking tickets from Europe or Asia to fly to California for the reveal event, you may want to leave a day or two on each side for safety. Come see the Golden Gate Bridge or go for a drive along the PCH. Have a bar-b-q at Bonnie's. Chill..everything is under control. :cool:

19. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

My wife has been asking more and more often "when do I get my car?!"

I told her to expect it around mid-to-late November, perhaps on the anniversary date of my Model S (Nov 26).

20. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Elon told me the reveal and design studio would be on my birthday September 13!!