Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While there aren't that many Model X's with FSD beta yet it does present some different issues from other models (especially the 3 & Y).
I hope this thread will be useful for those of us using FSD beta on a Model X.

The first issue I noticed was that the display no longer shows the last speed limit sign that the vehicle observed. Previously I referred to that quite often and find that I really miss it. Here are images with FSD beta 10.2 on and then with it off.

View attachment 721029
View attachment 721019
Is this MX a “refreshed” model with horizontal screen, or a “legacy” model with vertical screen? I just got 10.8 on my 2018 S100D, verical screen of course, and have the same issue, current speed limit disappears from display behind steering wheel when enabling AP.

SO, if your MX is a refreshed model with horizontal screen, has the issue with speed limit display missing been fixed in 10.8 for you?

Reactions: X-pilot
Is this MX a “refreshed” model with horizontal screen, or a “legacy” model with vertical screen? I just got 10.8 on my 2018 S100D, verical screen of course, and have the same issue, current speed limit disappears from display behind steering wheel when enabling AP.

SO, if your MX is a refreshed model with horizontal screen, has the issue with speed limit display missing been fixed in 10.8 for you?
Legacy 2020 MX with a vertical screen.

Unrelated issue: How high can a rocket that size travel before parachuting back to Earth? How many stages? Pretty neat.

After Post #184 response: cool!

Wow. Obviously the launch area is not near any local airports or designated airplane flight paths!

We have a rural place between Davis and Woodland, California where enthusiasts (used to) fly model planes (which I understand can be pretty large and sophisticated). But since we are close to Sacramento International Airport flight paths, I doubt if any small rocket launches are permitted around here.

So I am guessing that the Model X serves to haul a small trailer with rocket equipment? Interesting pastime. Happy holidays!

Last edited:
Hi @tps5352 ,

That particular rocket has traveled just short of 24,000 feet.
It reaches that altitude in 45 seconds. Just over Mach 1.3
Single stage. Drogue parachute descends at 60 mph for
roughly 4.5 minutes. Main parachute deploys at 1200 feet.
Tracking is by radio beacon and now by GPS.

Thanks for asking,

Shawn

Reactions: StanMI
While there aren't that many Model X's with FSD beta yet it does present some different issues from other models (especially the 3 & Y).
I hope this thread will be useful for those of us using FSD beta on a Model X.

Mine is a early 2021 Model X LR+ (5-seater). I am sitting here debating whether to download 2021.44.25.6 as I write this. I guess I might as well bite the bullet and get it over with...

The first issue I noticed was that the display no longer shows the last speed limit sign that the vehicle observed. Previously I referred to that quite often and find that I really miss it. Here are images with FSD beta 10.2 on and then with it off.

I agree. My 'gut' tells me that that is something which will be corrected in future versions.

...a “legacy” model with vertical screen...

When I ordered my already built inventory car from Hawaii on January 29th I knew this day was coming... (I had to Google the exact meaning in this context: 'legacy' -- "denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.")

Hi @tps5352 ,

I installed this afternoon...
A few odds and ends to get used to.

We, unfortunately, got 2 inches of wet heavy snow this afternoon.
I was looking forward to trying 10.8
In my mixed rural driving 10.6.1 was OK.
50 miles to Lake Michigan with 3 to 5 interventions.

It will have to wait as the slushy snow is not right for FSD.

I look forward to using it next month to drive to sunny Florida.

Shawn

Hi @tps5352 ,

I installed this afternoon...
A few odds and ends to get used to.

We, unfortunately, got 2 inches of wet heavy snow this afternoon.
I was looking forward to trying 10.8
In my mixed rural driving 10.6.1 was OK.
50 miles to Lake Michigan with 3 to 5 interventions.

It will have to wait as the slushy snow is not right for FSD.

I look forward to using it next month to drive to sunny Florida.

Shawn

Yes. Like several western states we're generally in drought conditions in California. But with recent heavy rain I found that FSD Beta wisely doesn't function in the wet.

So, just did a quick drive with 10.8... 10 miles, 55mph, 5 red lights. Did okay. According to the energy graph, it barely used regen at all. It would wait until last minute, and then slam on the friction brakes. No different from the past few versions, but the lack of regen just got me wondering why it doesn't use it?

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Legacy 2020 MX with a vertical screen.
Have you been updated to FSD beta 10.8 (2021.44.25.6), and if so I assume the issue is still there?

Sure strange that they have not fixed this problem in the any of the FSD updates since 10.2. I think with 10.8 there are now a whole lot more legacy MS/MX on FSD beta so maybe it will get fixed soon, he said hopefully …

Just tried waypoints.
20211229_111402.jpg

What I am trying to figure out is, what is required to arrive at a waypoint, then continue. My car stopped at the waypoint, but refused to continue on with the trip!
Interesting, I was using it to determine if I could detour while in route to a destination. I hope next destination would be ready for navigation upon placing the car in drive.