Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

Rear is different ... see Autopilot, Processors and Hardware – MCU & HW Demystified – TeslaTap

UYv0wZI.jpg
@scottf200...thanks for clarifying this. I'll sit tight and wait for the FSD beta now.

Reactions: scottf200
Had the opportunity for an extended drive with 10.9 the other day. Overall, it did OK... but it has its moments of frustration. Nothing new, though.

For whatever reason, it continues to prefer (and sometimes insist) on staying in the far left lane on a 3 lane county road. Didn't matter that my max speed was the speed limit, and everyone else was going 5-10 over. One time it even cut someone off, so that they had to hit their brakes. Even when I had to take a right turn in 500 feet, it still tried to go into the left lane.

It was really a fight to keep it where it needed to be. It shouldn't be.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I am still on 10.8.1, set FSD to chill mode so it makes less changing lane and I can see it drives like someone is taking a driver license drive test.
Often slowing down to near stop when approaching round about with signals even no car inside.
Always take nearest lane to turn left/right even it needs to turn in opposite direction nearly right after turn.
It doesn't know turns only lane (not at intersections).

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC