Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... 10.6 is a mixed bag.

Navigator: Take this turn!
Driver: Which one?
Navigator: The one you just passed.
10.6 IMO is much worse. It approaches intersections, expecting to turn, far too fast. So fast, that it cannot make it into a left turn lane behind other vehicles waiting for the same light. I don't think it improved the phantom braking with no vehicle in front at all. It is pretty awful. I've sent in multiple whines, including snapshots. If I could get a version, that gave me NoA on Interstates only, I would go for that.

Has original AP2.0 owners with all FSD and MCU2 upgrades not receiving any new software updates as well as no beta invites. It seems that updates are being released while stagnating the original AP owners. Where is the luv Tesla. BTW...I have been sitting on a 100 score for over a month. I am about to give up.

Reactions: Dcam and TechVP
Has original AP2.0 owners with all FSD and MCU2 upgrades not receiving any new software updates as well as no beta invites. It seems that updates are being released while stagnating the original AP owners. Where is the luv Tesla. BTW...I have been sitting on a 100 score for over a month. I am about to give up.
If you have a 2016, do you have the required eight cameras? I did not think any 2016 was capable of FSD. Previously I had a December 2015, and it definitely would not.

If you have a 2016, do you have the required eight cameras? I did not think any 2016 was capable of FSD. Previously I had a December 2015, and it definitely would not.
That is part of the complaint, they are not rolling out the camera update with any kind of urgency. In addition, since the camera announcement, no updates have been sent to said vehicles. So, not only are we being delayed with the camera update/fsd beta roll out, they have stopped providing feature updates that are unrelated to fsd.

Nope, no invite here. Same MX AP 2 config, March 2017 w/ MCU2 ... no camera invite despite a solid 100 score for > 1 month.
Tesla: Gimme some cameras, and I'll take a 2500 mile AP road trip to CES January 1! That will give you some data!
-TechVP
Well...well maybe somebody is listening.... Just came in... I hope you all received your invite today or in the very near future.
Along with it sends me to this link:
Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

-TechVP March 2017 AP2 w/ MCU2 and upgraded FSD computer.

Tesla_Upgrade_Cameras_IMG_3575.jpg

Well...well maybe somebody is listening.... Just came in... I hope you all received your invite today or in the very near future.
Along with it sends me to this link:
Full Self-Driving Computer Installations

-TechVP March 2017 AP2 w/ MCU2 and upgraded FSD computer.

View attachment 742527
Congrats! I've got a VIN slightly higher than you (0452xx) and I'm still waiting for the notification. I have a service appointment on 12/29 for "shudder issues" and would love it if my notification came in but since I've already got service scheduled, I wouldn't be able to get into the Service menu beyond what I already have scheduled. And I understand this will be a mobile service item, unlike what I have scheduled now. Curious: What is your current Safety Score, if you don't mind sharing. I, unfortunately, dropped to 97 a couple of days ago. And did the notification come in via your Tesla app or via your regular email?

Congrats! I've got a VIN slightly higher than you (0452xx) and I'm still waiting for the notification. I have a service appointment on 12/29 for "shudder issues" and would love it if my notification came in but since I've already got service scheduled, I wouldn't be able to get into the Service menu beyond what I already have scheduled. And I understand this will be a mobile service item, unlike what I have scheduled now. Curious: What is your current Safety Score, if you don't mind sharing. I, unfortunately, dropped to 97 a couple of days ago. And did the notification come in via your Tesla app or via your regular email?
Been at 100 since late Oct. notification came via the Inbox in the Mobile app.

Quick update for everybody: while I can schedule an appt., as I did for this AM, my service center says that they need to order these parts. I confirmed as of this AM, PDX SC doesn’t have the camera upgrade parts on site. And there is a thought from higher above that if they get cars with scheduled appointments, that will get the SC to order the parts. Not my logic, but that what was relayed. So if there seems like a longer delay, there is still some communication shuffling going on, with the SC that has to do the real work, seemingly last to know. Course that’s just my experience. YMMV. -TechVP

There are end of 2016 Model Xs with AP2 that are FSD capable. We of course need the HW3 upgrade and for the City Streets Beta it's my understanding we need some or all of the 8 cameras upgraded to a newer revision.

Reactions: TechVP
While there aren't that many Model X's with FSD beta yet it does present some different issues from other models (especially the 3 & Y).
I hope this thread will be useful for those of us using FSD beta on a Model X.

The first issue I noticed was that the display no longer shows the last speed limit sign that the vehicle observed. Previously I referred to that quite often and find that I really miss it. Here are images with FSD beta 10.2 on and then with it off.

View attachment 721029
View attachment 721019
Installing 2021.36.8.10 now, I hope the speed limit sign reappears!
I wonder is a service appointment would help expedite the hardware update?

Reactions: TechVP
  • I have software version 2021.36.8.10 (FSD Beta v.10.6.1) and own an early 2021 Model X LR + (5-searer).

• I am waiting for 2021.44.25.6 (v.10.8), which I hope will provide an FSD Beta version that does not try to kill me, with added features that non-FSD Beta cars have already enjoyed for several weeks/months (e.g., Navigation waypoints, blind spot camera views, live camera access, and information about CCS adapter compatibility).

• I developed Post #1 of Trying to Make Sense... in order to try to better understand the whole Tesla software download thing.

• While my initial impulse is to be impatient and annoyed that so far I've received no invitation to download the holiday software release, I rationalize that there must be some valid reason that Model X have been excluded from the latest FSD Beta (2021.44.25.6) and non-FSD Beta (2021.44.25.2) roll-outs, right?

• Furthermore, I am not thrilled with some of the apparent visual changes reported to be coming with the new software versions.

• So, for now, I am trying to adopt the attitude, "be careful what you wish for." This Model X-specific software download delay may be a blessing in disguise for Model X owners.

• Perhaps Model X will begin to receive the roll-outs after the other three models. (After all, Model X got the light show last year.) Or, it could be that due to some Model X-specific issue subsequent revised software versions will be necessary for our cars. (I note that some of the promised new features will only apply to refreshed Model S and X.)

Reactions: mbp11 and Dcam
Where does one see the "version" number (i.e. 10.4?) Only reference I have is what is shown on the Tesla App (i.e. 36.8.10?"

There are a number of Internet sources. For example, you can use Not A Tesla App to confirm which FSD Beta version is associated with which software version. And my Post #1 in Trying to Make Sense... list all that info. Unfortunately, there is nothing on the Tesla App that identified which FSD Beta version you have. (The FSD Beta version, if you have it, can be found on the car's center display screen ["Software"], of course.)

• Helpful
Reactions: mbp11