Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While there aren't that many Model X's with FSD beta yet it does present some different issues from other models (especially the 3 & Y).
I hope this thread will be useful for those of us using FSD beta on a Model X.

The first issue I noticed was that the display no longer shows the last speed limit sign that the vehicle observed. Previously I referred to that quite often and find that I really miss it. Here are images with FSD beta 10.2 on and then with it off.

1634141246403.png

1634140971286.png

Are these pictures comparing 10.1 to 10.2 or something? Both appear to have the beta visualization enabled, and it's not clear what the pictures are comparing. In any case, can't you do beta testing without enabling that visualization and then still have the stuff you want?

Reactions: gaspi101
Are these pictures comparing 10.1 to 10.2 or something? Both appear to have the beta visualization enabled, and it's not clear what the pictures are comparing. In any case, can't you do beta testing without enabling that visualization and then still have the stuff you want?
Both are on 10.2 and both were taken within minutes with the only variable being whether FSD is engaged. I have no interest in disabling the visualization...it's useful.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200

They are the same version of 10.2 comparing with 10.2.

The first picture shows what it looks like when you turn on the Navigation on Autopilot but on city streets, not highways.

The second picture shows what it looks like when you turn off the Navigation on Autopilot but in city streets, not highways.

Seems like something everyone running the beta software could e-mail the beta address about. Doesn't mean it will change for the next version if it's intentional, but that's about all there is to be done, isn't it?
Excellent idea...done.
FYI, all you get is an automatic response:
Hello,
Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all FSD Beta related feedback will be forwarded to the engineering team.

thanks for sharing. did you have 100/100 to get the download? im in the high 80's doubtful im gonna get access to download anytime soon.

also - any other comments on how 10.2 is performing in X in/around city streets?
Yes, 100/100 and it was a lot of work/miles to get there after a bad first few days.
As my avatar indicates it's a mixed bag. It does some amazing driving but can mess up at any time. The stress comes from having to maintain constant vigilance.

Safety Score tracking & planning spreadsheet link: Tesla Safety Score - Tracking & Planning v8

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
Yes, 100/100 and it was a lot of work/miles to get there after a bad first few days.
As my avatar indicates it's a mixed bag. It does some amazing driving but can mess up at any time. The stress comes from having to maintain constant vigilance.

Safety Score tracking & planning spreadsheet link: Tesla Safety Score - Tracking & Planning v8

thanks for the feedback. that is kinda my concern. i rather drive myself in/out of town vs really wanting to engage FSD for these quick drives, etc. but nonetheless, cool to see that is continues to evolve. i usually use FSD when im on the highway though.

any other dash visualization changes outside of what you showed in your initial pics? it seems like if FSD is not engaged there is alot of dead space based on your 2nd pic. can you still put up other metrics on the sides (like music and power usage, etc)?

.........................................................any other dash visualization changes outside of what you showed in your initial pics? it seems like if FSD is not engaged there is alot of dead space based on your 2nd pic. can you still put up other metrics on the sides (like music and power usage, etc)?
Yes the visualization is great. I turned off the sides to put more of a focus on the issue at hand. The side content goes away when FSD is on but since I was on a road with no traffic and not at a major intersection there is not much to see.

I'm feeling clueless about the FSD subscription. I paid the $99 through the phone app yesterday, thinking everything would be good to go. Well I can't seem to engage it in any way even though the autopilot and software screen show the capability as active...And there is nothing going on indicating anything about 'scoring' my driving either. What am I missing?

Attachments

• tempImageFWL3p5.png
    tempImageFWL3p5.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 158
  • tempImagemihdZ2.png
    tempImagemihdZ2.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 147
I'm feeling clueless about the FSD subscription. I paid the $99 through the phone app yesterday, thinking everything would be good to go. Well I can't seem to engage it in any way even though the autopilot and software screen show the capability as active...And there is nothing going on indicating anything about 'scoring' my driving either. What am I missing?

Welcome to TMC, there is a lot of good information here.

Based on your version you have FSD but you don't have FSD beta. I'm not sure if you have 'the button' to request the beta. Try clicking on Customize Navigate on Autopilot and see if there is a button to request the beta.

1634325846127.png

At the top of the page Settings::Autopilot, there should be a button to request FSD Beta (which really means, FSD on City Streets). If you do not have that button, you cannot yet request the feature. I don't know if (or when) it will be made available to subscription users. I paid $4,000 for the feature back in 2018. Presumably Tesla is rolling out the feature based upon driving score in the app. I am running with only a 98, so I am not expecting it soon <sigh>. If you do not have the request button, you are not in line for the feature.

I am on 2021.32.22, and this is what I have on my autopilot screen.

IMG_7126.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: n.one.one
Welcome to TMC, there is a lot of good information here.

Based on your version you have FSD but you don't have FSD beta. I'm not sure if you have 'the button' to request the beta. Try clicking on Customize Navigate on Autopilot and see if there is a button to request the beta.

View attachment 721950
I do not have the button to request it:/ So I guess the phone app let me pay for something I can't even get? Does FSD even mean anything yet while there is still a beta?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA