Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Tesla is seeing such mega-success. But feels like their caught up with their success, and these days care
Agreed WinterX, having done very well myself owning the stock since 2016.

Incidentally, my wife & I just recently sold our house in Austin after splitting time between there and Colorado. I miss having the Tesla Service center only 6 miles from my Austin house and now Denver Tesla Service Center over 100 miles from Colorado house.

While there aren't that many Model X's with FSD beta yet it does present some different issues from other models (especially the 3 & Y).
I hope this thread will be useful for those of us using FSD beta on a Model X.

The first issue I noticed was that the display no longer shows the last speed limit sign that the vehicle observed. Previously I referred to that quite often and find that I really miss it. Here are images with FSD beta 10.2 on and then with it off.

View attachment 721029
View attachment 721019
Still no speed limit sign on 10.3 on a MX...that's disappointing.

Reactions: Bigriver
Agreed WinterX, having done very well myself owning the stock since 2016.

Incidentally, my wife & I just recently sold our house in Austin after splitting time between there and Colorado. I miss having the Tesla Service center only 6 miles from my Austin house and now Denver Tesla Service Center over 100 miles from Colorado house.
Enjoy Colorado! They just opened a huge new SC here. I'm going to pay them a visit tomorrow in hopes of finding someone that can help. I opened a service ticket, but the person I'm chatting with is 100% clueless and very assertive I have all I need for FSD. :|

Still no speed limit sign on 10.3 on a MX...that's disappointing.
Yes, it is a huge limitation to not have the speed limit info displayed. My initial run with 10.3 was LOTS better than my experiences with 10.2. Just more stable in its steering.

Also did FSDBeta in the model 3 for the first time today. The model 3 and the model X made the same mistakes with wrong and late turn signals (why turn it on after you are half way through the turn?). The visualizations in the model 3 are much better tho.

Reactions: n.one.one
After playing the safety score game, I have finally figured out what was causing me to get high score dings with a single instance of perceived unsafe driving. I say perceived, because there are times when autopilot causes the unsafe condition by their own standards. Hard braking seems to be the biggest burn for me.

At first I couldn't figure out why my hard braking dings were so high. I was battling that for awhile. It seemed either I was getting a 0 or 8 or higher percent when I was driving very constantly. I finally figured out if I left it 100% or as close as possible in AP I could achieve 100. But inevitably during each and every long AP run, I would have an idiot cut me off requiring me to take action resulting in a high braking number. It was really starting to irk me. Recently I tried a different approach. I summarized that maybe while in AP, none of my braking instances were being logged except the single time I took action resulting in the high number. Sure enough, that was it. For example, if I took a trip with let's say 100 braking instances, and 95 of them were in AP, only 5 instances were logged. So when I took action 1 in 5 manual braking events and it happed to be hard because of the evasive action, it was logging 20 for hard braking. The last few days I have been taking over for every braking event. When I had a hard brake yesterday, someone cutting me off, it only logged it as 0.2. So, if you use AP pretty extensively, you might be inappropriately being dinged. They should count all instances of each action even in AP. It is wrong for them otherwise.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
But inevitably during each and every long AP run, I would have an idiot cut me off requiring me to take action resulting in a high braking number. It was really starting to irk me.

it's kind of ironic that you are trying to gain access to the FSD system but you have to take over because somebody cut you off and you weren't confident the system would slow the car in time.

Autopark Question
I'm having trouble using autopark. This is specifically on a MX but may apply to a MS as well. I'm running 10.3.1 and can't figure out how to start the autopark process.

Prior to the vision release you would drive slowly and watch for a 'P' to appear (or usually not appear). Tonight I drove slowly through a parking lot and never saw any indication that autopark was available. I even tried putting it in reverse to see if that was part of it but nothing happened. I've looked through the settings and saw nothing related to autopark.

Has anyone gotten autopark to work in an X (or S)? What am I missing?

Reactions: scottf200
it's kind of ironic that you are trying to gain access to the FSD system but you have to take over because somebody cut you off and you weren't confident the system would slow the car in time.
I am not going to allow the car to respond to a high risk scenario if I am able to. Call it reflexes if you will. Would the car respond appropriately if I didn't respond, I am sure it would have. But, if I am able to... I am not going to sit back and watch. I have had the car several times respond to scenarios that would have resulted in an accident. Better two sets of eye then one.

I am not going to allow the car to respond to a high risk scenario if I am able to. Call it reflexes if you will. Would the car respond appropriately if I didn't respond, I am sure it would have. But, if I am able to... I am not going to sit back and watch. I have had the car several times respond to scenarios that would have resulted in an accident. Better two sets of eye then one.
fair enough, just think it's kinda funny. i love AP, but i'm always paying attention because i don't trust it. two is always better than one, for sure

Anyone else have their Safety Score just disappear? I checked this morning, just to see if the early days were going to fall off the chart (it appears they do). I was greeted with “Safety Score will be available after your first trip.” Safety Score for my wife’s Model 3 is still there.

21 Model X (pre-refresh) owner here and I was part of the Sunday 99% score delivery. Installed it but then had the next update take it away. Well I got the new update Monday and WOW! I am blown away. Super impressed at how well it does.....but there is stall a way to go before we have true FSD.
20211025_152836.jpg

Autopark Question
I'm having trouble using autopark. This is specifically on a MX but may apply to a MS as well. I'm running 10.3.1 and can't figure out how to start the autopark process.

Prior to the vision release you would drive slowly and watch for a 'P' to appear (or usually not appear). Tonight I drove slowly through a parking lot and never saw any indication that autopark was available. I even tried putting it in reverse to see if that was part of it but nothing happened. I've looked through the settings and saw nothing related to autopark.

Has anyone gotten autopark to work in an X (or S)? What am I missing?
I have a partial answer for my own question. Back in August greentheonly posted a video of his MX using vision based autopark. He doesn't explain how he got this to appear but at least it shows how it works (when it becomes available).
So, has anyone seen this work on their MX?