Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD Beta version is very clear that is is FSD Beta:

DD2EDFA3-B7EA-4988-8F40-84E0EF822522.jpeg

@Bigriver...thank you.
Tesla just cancelled my service appt. saying that no ETA on camera retrofit :(
I tried the same with Service Center and got same outcome. I am trying to escalate my extreme dissatisfaction to a Senior Tesla executive and demand to get a realistic ETA, as to when we get the retrofit Elon promised and casually remarked it's an easy fix and relatively inexpensive and not many 2016/2017 vehicles have the HW2.0.

We've been waiting 5 years and 3's & Y's can get the FSD BETA with no wait. That really makes me angry, and I've been a huge Tesla supporter.

Reactions: TechVP
Agreed! In the same boat, hoping to get some communication :mad:
After pouring my heart out to Customer Support gal in Seattle, all I get was a call back from someone from Colorado Springs service center. She had NO empathy and again I demanded call back from Senior Leadership.

No one from Tesla management seems to want to expeditiously resolve what Elon has said was an easy & inexpensive fix.

Anyone else from this Club have an idea to get the cameras quickly?

Just downloaded SW Update, 2021.36.5.6.

It is supposed to have TeslaVision Autopark, however my update does not show this on the Release Notes. Is this another feature that our HW2 cameras cannot process?

Did anyone with 2016/2017 HW2 cameras get this update for the new & improved Autopark that does not require a parked vehicle on both sides of a vacant parking spot?

I have a 2018 July MX and downloaded 10.3 that broke my self driving capability completely. Last night just got 2021.36.8.5, AKA 10.4, which restored all my auto navigate and auto steer functionality and even gave me FSD 10.4 Beta. Now I can test the FSD on city streets.... carefully. Yay!

Attachments

• IMG_7232.JPG
    IMG_7232.JPG
    953.5 KB · Views: 41
I have a 2018 July MX and downloaded 10.3 that broke my self driving capability completely. Last night just got 2021.36.8.5, AKA 10.4, which restored all my auto navigate and auto steer functionality and even gave me FSD 10.4 Beta. Now I can test the FSD on city streets.... carefully. Yay!
Well, that answers my main question. At least one Model X got 10.4. My Model 3 was issued 10.3.1 Friday night, Saturday night got 10.4. But nothing new for my X, still on 10.3.1. First impression, 10.4 is much better than 10.3.1. It still gets a little confused taking on roundabouts, especially multi-lane roundabouts. But I found that I can tap on the accelerator to get it going "It's ok buddy, go ahead"

Well, that answers my main question. At least one Model X got 10.4. My Model 3 was issued 10.3.1 Friday night, Saturday night got 10.4. But nothing new for my X, still on 10.3.1. First impression, 10.4 is much better than 10.3.1. It still gets a little confused taking on roundabouts, especially multi-lane roundabouts. But I found that I can tap on the accelerator to get it going "It's ok buddy, go ahead"
Never mind. My X received the FSDBeta 10.4 update overnight Sunday (Nov 7-8).

Never mind. My X received the FSDBeta 10.4 update overnight Sunday (Nov 7-

I updated to 10.4 this morning but now it says autosteer is not available. I still have all beta options checked off in the autopilot screen but it isn’t working. I did a reboot via the steering wheel but that didn’t fix the problem.

Anyone else experience this with 10.4?

2020 Long Range

Reactions: Sully1916
I tried the same with Service Center and got same outcome. I am trying to escalate my extreme dissatisfaction to a Senior Tesla executive and demand to get a realistic ETA, as to when we get the retrofit Elon promised and casually remarked it's an easy fix and relatively inexpensive and not many 2016/2017 vehicles have the HW2.0.

We've been waiting 5 years and 3's & Y's can get the FSD BETA with no wait. That really makes me angry, and I've been a huge Tesla supporter.
It's funny that Tesla had some of us pay 2.5k for the HW2.0 because the old hardware was so sluggish , but now even HW2.0 has become incredibly bloated and my browser constantly crashes and takes forever to load. It's like being back at square 1 but after forking out thousands.

• Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D
It's funny that Tesla had some of us pay 2.5k for the HW2.0 because the old hardware was so sluggish , but now even HW2.0 has become incredibly bloated and my browser constantly crashes and takes forever to load. It's like being back at square 1 but after forking out thousands.
Are you talking about the entertainment MCU2 upgrade from MCU1? My MCU2 upgrade is working as great as ever and is still fast and functional.

HW2.0 aka AP2.0 is the AutoPilot/FSD system (computer, cameras, etc).

See more details here: Autopilot, Processors and Hardware – MCU & HW Demystified – TeslaTap