Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, am finding I am frequently having to adjust the speed limit while using autopilot on the highway (FSD beta 10.8), for example I am in a 65 zone and I set it to 75, few minutes later it resets to 65 and keeps repeating this behavior. Very frustrating.

Non FSD beta is a far smoother experience on highways, and I don’t really trust it on city roads. Am considering switching off FSD for now until things have improved, as currently it’s pretty stressful using it.

Reactions: tps5352
I was hoping to test drive my first FSD Beta that I downloaded yesterday. Unfortunately for me we have a big snowstorm today and the next few days. Frustrating since I waited 5 years for some semblance of FSD, but I will be patient for better road conditions.

Since I immediately went from 2021.36.5.6 for 8 wks. Got 2021.44.25.2 for 1 day, then my first FSD Beta 2021.44.25.6 yesterday, I haven't had opportunity to use the new features since 2021.36.5.6.

I'm especially interested in the new Tesla Vision Auto Park. Will my 2016 MX with Camera Upgrade now be able to Perpendicular park in ANY space with painted lines, instead of ONLY In between 2 parked cars, using radar?

I was hoping to test drive my first FSD Beta that I downloaded yesterday. Unfortunately for me we have a big snowstorm today and the next few days. Frustrating since I waited 5 years for some semblance of FSD, but I will be patient for better road conditions.

Since I immediately went from 2021.36.5.6 for 8 wks. Got 2021.44.25.2 for 1 day, then my first FSD Beta 2021.44.25.6 yesterday, I haven't had opportunity to use the new features since 2021.36.5.6.

I'm especially interested in the new Tesla Vision Auto Park. Will my 2016 MX with Camera Upgrade now be able to Perpendicular park in ANY space with painted lines, instead of ONLY In between 2 parked cars, using radar?
I made a couple attempts to use auto park with only painted lines last night. I had several spaces display as parking in the display, but was unsuccessful in completing any. The closest one was a start with about half the movement toward the space when it seemed to go a little crazy with the wheel and drop in to park, still blocking both lanes.

Reactions: Saxman
Has anyone with Model X been able to get perpendicular parking to work yet with jut line no no parked cars?

it works great in my wife’s Model 3 but nothing yet on my Model X.
I'm brand new to FSD Beta and no experience yet due to snow covered roads. I did try to use Perpendicular Parking in an indoor lot. Display shows the vehicles that are already parked (very cool) but I don't see the P icon like we did with old autopark version.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is the older non Tesla Vision Autopark disabled?

For Legacy X owners, how long after you activated Safety Score did you get the note that your VIN was eligible for the camera update?

I opted in to FSD Beta on December 27, have a 100 score, and about 450 total miles but don’t have anything yet.

As usual, the Service Center won’t do s*** to help until my “VIN is eligible.” Curious what timeline most of you experienced?

For Legacy X owners, how long after you activated Safety Score did you get the note that your VIN was eligible for the camera update?

I opted in to FSD Beta on December 27, have a 100 score, and about 450 total miles but don’t have anything yet.

As usual, the Service Center won’t do s*** to help until my “VIN is eligible.” Curious what timeline most of you experienced?
Haven't seen to many of those. This link thread has a lot of discussion. Seems like they all had to wait or check for the option to appear in the service section of the app. Your's is a June model, sounds like you are right before the camera update?

@ Seattle Tom
I opted into Safety Score from the very beginning, around the end of September. I had 100 SS most of the time, and drove over 100 miles/wk.

It wasn't until approximately October 21, that Elon admitted in a Tweet that us Legacy MX/MS owner's would need a Camera Upgrade BEFORE FSD Beta could function. Around November 9 Invitations appeared in our Tesla App or emails sent to others. I was one of the very fortunate few to get the invitation in the first batch.

My Camera Upgrade was done at Service Center on November 12 & then again on the 19th, but that's a whole other frustrating & aggravating experience. However I am very happy to report, for me this whole odyssey had a happy ending with my 2016 MX getting FSD Beta 10.8 on December 30.

Good luck to you

Reactions: n.one.one
@ Seattle Tom
I opted into Safety Score from the very beginning, around the end of September. I had 100 SS most of the time, and drove over 100 miles/wk.

It wasn't until approximately October 21, that Elon admitted in a Tweet that us Legacy MX/MS owner's would need a Camera Upgrade BEFORE FSD Beta could function. Around November 9 Invitations appeared in our Tesla App or emails sent to others. I was one of the very fortunate few to get the invitation in the first batch.

My Camera Upgrade was done at Service Center on November 12 & then again on the 19th, but that's a whole other frustrating & aggravating experience. However I am very happy to report, for me this whole odyssey had a happy ending with my 2016 MX getting FSD Beta 10.8 on December 30.

Good luck to you

I have an April 2017 Model X, opted into FSD beta in October, am currently carrying a solid 98 Safety Score, driven about 10k miles in that time but haven’t gotten the golden ticket yet. I purchased FSD back in 2018, so I’ve had it in my back pocket since then. I wish there was more of a rhyme or reason to this camera upgrade and FSD rollout.

I got the notification in my app long before I opted in to the safety score. I got a notification November 10, and got the cameras upgraded a week later. I don't care about getting the FSD beta yet based on what I see. And I didn't opt into the safety score for the reason to get FSD. I did it just out of curiosity to see how it would rate me in my normal driving behavior.

Reactions: Seattle Tom
In my case, all I want to do is influence the route chosen. AP consistently makes a very poor choice for me, making an unprotected left turn from a side street on to a busy four lane. Impossible turn most of the day. There are alternate turns with traffic signals, just a few blocks away. I want to tell it, go to Destination via Street A then Street B.

In my wildest desire, I wish I could touch the screen and draw or modify the route. Maybe someday.
yes, same here. I have used the waypoint feature to modify my route and would really like to have a feature for the Tesla to offer alternate routes and then remember that route like the cheap GPS in my other car. My doctor is about 20 miles away and the Tesla always wants me to take the interstate that is really busy and has construction whereas "Veterans Highway" is clear all the time with little traffic, and faster. And it is only two-tenths of a mile farther which may be the reason the Tesla doesn't want to go there (slightly farther)

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
Any news on getting the FSD Beta?

My camera upgrade is on Feb 7…wondering if I have a wait of days, weeks…worse?
No luck so far...still waiting:(
BTW..I checked my dash cam footage today.
The front camera colors are not as good as rear one, for example.
The side camera colors are good.
When they did the camera upgrade..the invoice shows they did replace the triple inline front camera.

May be I should check with the service again?

The front camera colors are not as good as rear one, for example.
Rear is different ... see Autopilot, Processors and Hardware – MCU & HW Demystified – TeslaTap

UYv0wZI.jpg