Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear is different ... see Autopilot, Processors and Hardware – MCU & HW Demystified – TeslaTap

UYv0wZI.jpg
@scottf200...thanks for clarifying this. I'll sit tight and wait for the FSD beta now.

Reactions: scottf200
Had the opportunity for an extended drive with 10.9 the other day. Overall, it did OK... but it has its moments of frustration. Nothing new, though.

For whatever reason, it continues to prefer (and sometimes insist) on staying in the far left lane on a 3 lane county road. Didn't matter that my max speed was the speed limit, and everyone else was going 5-10 over. One time it even cut someone off, so that they had to hit their brakes. Even when I had to take a right turn in 500 feet, it still tried to go into the left lane.

It was really a fight to keep it where it needed to be. It shouldn't be.

I am still on 10.8.1, set FSD to chill mode so it makes less changing lane and I can see it drives like someone is taking a driver license drive test.
Often slowing down to near stop when approaching round about with signals even no car inside.
Always take nearest lane to turn left/right even it needs to turn in opposite direction nearly right after turn.
It doesn't know turns only lane (not at intersections).

Reactions: X-pilot
Yeah, held for removal of rolling stop and 10.10 started rolling out earlier in the week. Only a few cars so far though, so maybe will go wider this weekend. We'll see. Usually add some new people after it starts to get released wider, so could be within a week?

Hi @tslaEbay ,

All FSDs will benefit from the new maps...
There were approximately 450 people on 2021.44.30.15 on TeslaFi
and the rollout stopped a week ago. FSD Beta 10.10

A more salient question for you would be what is your MCU ?
MCU1 or MCU2.

Shawn
They must've stopped all rollouts Shawn. My X is stuck on 10.8.1, my Model 3 got bumped to 10.9 a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. 10.8.1 is not usable IMO. 10.9 is better, but is in the wrong car! lol. Maybe someday they'll pick it up again.

Hi @tslaEbay ,

All FSDs will benefit from the new maps...
There were approximately 450 people on 2021.44.30.15 on TeslaFi
and the rollout stopped a week ago. FSD Beta 10.10

A more salient question for you would be what is your MCU ?
MCU1 or MCU2.

Shawn
@ShawnA...Thanks for the reply. I do have MCU2. Camera upgrade was done more than month back. 2017 MAR MX build. My safety score is 98.
I was excited to get the Navigation update yesterday...but looks like it is unrelated to FSD beta.

Just got notice from the app that there is software update available to download, just don’t know what version it would be yet until I get home tonight

Good. Based on the two online software tracking sites, there seem to be tons of different versions still be downloaded to various cars worldwide. Confusing. Some versions predominate, but others just go out slowly to a few cars.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
@ShawnA...Thanks for the reply. I do have MCU2. Camera upgrade was done more than month back. 2017 MAR MX build. My safety score is 98.
I was excited to get the Navigation update yesterday...but looks like it is unrelated to FSD beta.
I'm in the same boat. Had MCU2 upgrade done earlier this year and have had HW3 for over a year. Had camera update done over a month ago. Over 1000 miles with 98 safety score and still no FSD. They must have stopped rollouts. Even made a service appointment to have them confirm that I don't need an update "pushed" but they cancelled it saying that I have the hardware for the update and just need to wait on software update. Frustrating for sure!