Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the top of the page Settings::Autopilot, there should be a button to request FSD Beta (which really means, FSD on City Streets). If you do not have that button, you cannot yet request the feature. I don't know if (or when) it will be made available to subscription users. I paid $4,000 for the feature back in 2018. Presumably Tesla is rolling out the feature based upon driving score in the app. I am running with only a 98, so I am not expecting it soon <sigh>. If you do not have the request button, you are not in line for the feature.

I am on 2021.32.22, and this is what I have on my autopilot screen.

View attachment 721989
I was a 98 when I got access to the beta on my model X plaid.

I have a 2022 MY and 2017 MX.

My MX is pending Camera upgrade. It has the new FSD Computer and MCU1 with eMMC upgrade. The software is still at 2021.24.28. I don't even have the option to request the FSD Beta. So I am surprised that you were able to request FSD Beta without the camera upgrade, unless I misunderstood your posts. @Officient @tslaEbay

On my 2022 (April) MY I was able to request FSD Beta soon after the delivery. Hit safety score of 98 over a couple of months / 600 miles. After 1 week, I got the FSD Beta software. It has been amazing though a bit scary at times. I think I have been trained well with MX navigate on autopilot ;).

I have a 2022 MY and 2017 MX.

My MX is pending Camera upgrade. It has the new FSD Computer and MCU1 with eMMC upgrade. The software is still at 2021.24.28. I don't even have the option to request the FSD Beta. So I am surprised that you were able to request FSD Beta without the camera upgrade, unless I misunderstood your posts. @Officient @tslaEbay

On my 2022 (April) MY I was able to request FSD Beta soon after the delivery. Hit safety score of 98 over a couple of months / 600 miles. After 1 week, I got the FSD Beta software. It has been amazing though a bit scary at times. I think I have been trained well with MX navigate on autopilot ;).
My MX had camera upgrade done back in January. I also have MCU2 upgrade done too.

April 2017 Model X 100D here. Got FSD Beta last night with a 97 Safety Score. Tried it out today several times. Best way I can describe it is like this: Did you ever wish for a Christmas present all year long and then, when you finally got it, it wasn't at all what you expected? That would be FSD Beta. It was all over the place and I had to intervene OFTEN. Makes me wonder if it's the X or is it this bad for everyone?

did you have to upgrade any cameras? if so, when was this done?

Hi everyone. I just got access to the FSD here in Canada in our Model X and have been trying it out. So far, things seems to be working at least as good as can be expected, with one exception that I haven't seen anyone else commenting on in this thread. The issue is slowing down takes FAR too long, and it's such a problem I'm wondering if I might have inadvertently set something wrong.

Whether the car sees a speed limit sign with a higher speed, or whether I tell the car to speed up manually while self driving, it accelerates at a comfortable, normal rate. However, if I go to slow down, or if it sees a slower speed limit sign, it takes a VERY long time to slow down - for example, changing from a 80 km/h (50 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph) can take 30 seconds (not exaggerating; I timed it). By the time the car slows down sufficiently, there would be enough time to get at least a couple of speeding tickets. It's almost as if it just coasts rather than use regenerative braking to slow down more aggressively, as cruise control used to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Surely this can't be happening for everyone, or it would be the biggest concern I'd be reading about full self driving beta. As it is, having the car sail through slower speed limits at a much higher speed than allowed means I'm having to disconnect and re-enable cruise control every time there is a speed limit decrease.

Thanks!

Dan

I think it was cars "roughly" before production vehicles around August 2017. Someone might confirm or correct me on that. My memory isn't so good on that.
My MX 2017 had a build date of August 2017. Still waiting for camera upgrades. I have MCU2 and HW 3. I've reached out to my local service center's and have been told they do not have the parts in stock. I've also been informed that I will be notified in the app once the parts are available and was specifically told to go through the app via Schedule Service > Upgrade & Accessories > Autopilot Camera Upgrade. This option apparently only shows up once I get the notification in the app.

Hi everyone. I just got access to the FSD here in Canada in our Model X and have been trying it out. So far, things seems to be working at least as good as can be expected, with one exception that I haven't seen anyone else commenting on in this thread. The issue is slowing down takes FAR too long, and it's such a problem I'm wondering if I might have inadvertently set something wrong.

Whether the car sees a speed limit sign with a higher speed, or whether I tell the car to speed up manually while self driving, it accelerates at a comfortable, normal rate. However, if I go to slow down, or if it sees a slower speed limit sign, it takes a VERY long time to slow down - for example, changing from a 80 km/h (50 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph) can take 30 seconds (not exaggerating; I timed it). By the time the car slows down sufficiently, there would be enough time to get at least a couple of speeding tickets. It's almost as if it just coasts rather than use regenerative braking to slow down more aggressively, as cruise control used to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Surely this can't be happening for everyone, or it would be the biggest concern I'd be reading about full self driving beta. As it is, having the car sail through slower speed limits at a much higher speed than allowed means I'm having to disconnect and re-enable cruise control every time there is a speed limit decrease.

Thanks!

Dan
Well, the post above mine disagrees, but as far as I know, this is *normal* while operating with FSD beta. Plenty of complaints about it in the much longer Wiki - MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

However, if I go to slow down, or if it sees a slower speed limit sign, it takes a VERY long time to slow down
Yes, it’s like the new speed limit is only a suggestion that it takes under advisement. maybe. someday.

I got my MX delivered in Dec 2017. Still waiting for the camera upgrade.
Your build date not delivery date in 2017 determines whether you have AP2.0 and need a camera update or have AP2.5 and already have the necessary cameras. The configuration change happened in August 2017. Most estimates of the actual day tend towards the second half of August. My MX was built in September 2017 and did not need the camera update. I’ve had FSD Beta since October 2021.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one