Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X (only) - FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wonder if Tesla does A/B testing. That would totally account for how people have drastically different experiences.
I would think they would use different version numbers in such a scenario, although I suppose there could be a bit of version info we don't see behind the scenes.

Yes, it’s like the new speed limit is only a suggestion that it takes under advisement. maybe. someday.
I generally agree with this, because it is supposed to be driving and it's obviously NOT allowing regen to kick in. Seems odd that they'd emulate GM's "coasting gear" but this behavior is pretty much exactly haw a GM vehicle with standard cruise would behave if you reduced the set speed.

Your build date not delivery date in 2017 determines whether you have AP2.0 and need a camera update or have AP2.5 and already have the necessary cameras. The configuration change happened in August 2017. Most estimates of the actual day tend towards the second half of August. My MX was built in September 2017 and did not need the camera update. I’ve had FSD Beta since October 2021.
Interestingly enough, I keep reading that change was in August 2017, but my X with a July 2017 build date was somehow delivered to me as a new (non-test drive, something like 7 miles) vehicle in late September 2017 with AP2.5 and color cameras. I wonder what happened to lead to that outcome...

Interestingly enough, I keep reading that change was in August 2017, but my X with a July 2017 build date was somehow delivered to me as a new (non-test drive, something like 7 miles) vehicle in late September 2017 with AP2.5 and color cameras. I wonder what happened to lead to that outcome...
Indeed that is interesting to know. Reports of the August timing that I have seen were based on various Tesla announcements in August, but it is not shocking that they may have already made the change well before the announcement and change in the Online Design Studio

I would think they would use different version numbers in such a scenario, although I suppose there could be a bit of version info we don't see behind the scenes.

I generally agree with this, because it is supposed to be driving and it's obviously NOT allowing regen to kick in. Seems odd that they'd emulate GM's "coasting gear" but this behavior is pretty much exactly haw a GM vehicle with standard cruise would behave if you reduced the set speed.

I have an August 2017 build, delivered in September 2017 and I don't have AP 2.5 cameras. I've followed up with local service centers and have been informed cameras for my VIN are currently out of stock and I will be notified once it is available.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigriver
I got my MX delivered in Dec 2017. Still waiting for the camera upgrade.
Tesla previously said that I needed a camera upgrade. Now they say my MX2017 has the upgraded cameras needed for FSD! They are saying that I may get the FSD, if I upgrade to MCU2. Apparently, there is a version of FSD beta that works with MCU2, but not MCU1. They say MCU2 will solve a lot of other issues with UI performance and unexpected rebooting in the middle of the drive! I was hoping that these issues should be part of a recall and MCU2 upgrade will be included in that recall. Looks like Tesla managed to limit the recall to just emmc upgrade, which did not resolve these issues for me.

I am done waiting - I will upgrade to MCU2 :( . Hopefully they do not ask for an upgrade to MCU3 anytime soon. ;)

Reactions: Seattle Tom
Tesla previously said that I needed a camera upgrade. Now they say my MX2017 has the upgraded cameras needed for FSD! They are saying that I may get the FSD, if I upgrade to MCU2. Apparently, there is a version of FSD beta that works with MCU2, but not MCU1. They say MCU2 will solve a lot of other issues with UI performance and unexpected rebooting in the middle of the drive! I was hoping that these issues should be part of a recall and MCU2 upgrade will be included in that recall. Looks like Tesla managed to limit the recall to just emmc upgrade, which did not resolve these issues for me.

I am done waiting - I will upgrade to MCU2 :( . Hopefully they do not ask for an upgrade to MCU3 anytime soon. ;)
You will love this upgrade - it upgrades the entire car experience.

I signed up for the FSD subscription a week ago. I have a 2018 Model X with all the latest hardware. Took a day or two for "Safety Score" to appear in app, but I'm now driving carefully like everyone else. Unfortunately, on my first drive, I got a "following too close" hit (which was not my fault - other driver braked hard to make a turn). That is going to take a lot of driving to get past. :(

I signed up for the FSD subscription a week ago. I have a 2018 Model X with all the latest hardware. Took a day or two for "Safety Score" to appear in app, but I'm now driving carefully like everyone else. Unfortunately, on my first drive, I got a "following too close" hit (which was not my fault - other driver braked hard to make a turn). That is going to take a lot of driving to get past. :(
If you can drive on autopilot most of the time, it's pretty easy to get and keep a high safety score. You don't get dinged when autopilot makes sudden stops or turns.

Reactions: scsmx
FSD 10.69.2 installed. That is me.
1662988270861.png

Hi @tslaEbay ,

I am guessing that you have already answered the questions on the "Autopilot"
panel on your screen...

If so you should see the following panel:
FSDB Request.jpg

Extra large Caveat: FSDB is currently 2022.20.18 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
If your software is more current than this - examples: 2022.28.2 or 2022.36.2
you are "past" the software level that can accept FSDB.
You will have to wait until FSDB catches up to your level of software...
In the meantime, you might want to switch your software selection to Standard
from Advanced if it is set to Advanced...

Good luck,

Shawn

Hi @tslaEbay ,

I am guessing that you have already answered the questions on the "Autopilot"
panel on your screen...

If so you should see the following panel:
View attachment 863869

Extra large Caveat: FSDB is currently 2022.20.18 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
If your software is more current than this - examples: 2022.28.2 or 2022.36.2
you are "past" the software level that can accept FSDB.
You will have to wait until FSDB catches up to your level of software...
In the meantime, you might want to switch your software selection to Standard
from Advanced if it is set to Advanced...

Good luck,

Shawn
Thanks for the reply @ShawnA. Yes I enrolled for FSD beta. I'm on 2022.20.9. Thanks for the hint. I won't update the SW for now.

Hi @tslaEbay ,

Your software is exactly where you want it to be... Weird...

You said MCU2, and cameras, I am assuming at some point the
FSD Hardware 3 computer upgrade...

Has anyone officially "blessed" your camera setup??? Triple cam, Left and right repeaters, and left and right pillars...
I have read terrible tales here about that "odd camera."
Grasping for straws at this point...

Shawn

Hi @tslaEbay ,

Your software is exactly where you want it to be... Weird...

You said MCU2, and cameras, I am assuming at some point the
FSD Hardware 3 computer upgrade...

Has anyone officially "blessed" your camera setup??? Triple cam, Left and right repeaters, and left and right pillars...
I have read terrible tales here about that "odd camera."
Grasping for straws at this point...

Shawn
I don't know how to verify that I have the correct cameras. Early this year..I received a request from Tesla to set up the appointment for camera upgrade. I hope I have the correct ones 🤞

Thank you for the links.
I have the following triple camera

INLINE TRIPLE 1.00 CAMERA(1089531-00-C)

This is different from the one listed on the page you pointed :(
That exception may be OK per this poster as he had the same one but Tesla insisted it was still RCCB. See this and several of his post in that thread before it: Wiki - FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting