Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X optional with non Falcon-Wing-Doors

Should Tesla make "normal" doors optional on the Model X

• Yes

Votes: 98 37.4%
  • No

Votes: 164 62.6%

• Total voters

Oyvind.H

Aug 17, 2012
Oslo, Norway
Does anyone know how much extra weight the FWD add to the car? What about space?

Heavy reinforcement of center of roof, very thich and massive doors, electric motors etc. Maybe 100-200lbs/100kg in total compared to ordinary doors without glass roof? The width of the back seat in the X was disappointing concidering the overall width of the car. It felt very cramped when my wife and I were sitting next to each other in the back seat (myself in the middle, bumping my head in the thick center of the roof). I`m 186cm/90kg and my wife about 169cm/57kg.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
The width of the back seat in the X was disappointing concidering the overall width of the car. It felt very cramped when my wife and I were sitting next to each other in the back seat (myself in the middle, bumping my head in the thick center of the roof). I`m 186cm/90kg and my wife about 169cm/57kg.

I'd definitely recommend the 6 seater to open that right up.

madodel

X at the end of a rainbow
Apr 6, 2015
Poconos, NE Pennsylvania, United States
Having had my X for 3 months now I can't imagine it being like all the boring ICE cars already out there. It is not a car, it's a Tesla. There is no way Tesla is going to change these to old fashion doors. If you can't accept the wings then buy an SUV that is mundane and polluting.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC